cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

12.4 Breaks SIP!

beergutt69
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried this before about 5 months ago and found the same issue. I had hoped that by now Cisco would have fixed this issue.

I have a 3825 currently running 12.3(11r)T2 as our voice gateway that has two PRI's terminated into it for PSTN access. We have an Astrix environment for our SIP calls with ATA's on our remote sites. Other sites have a router with FXS ports and analog phones doing H323.

The issue is when I try to upgrade to 12.4(15)T6 or any other 12.4 IOS the SIP voice will not work but the H323 voice is fine?

Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix? Any links to fixes?

Cheers!

Dave

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, one really should look at the cause of the problem (debug ccsip message) and (term mon"). perhaps thee is a simple config that could fix it.

Yeah the issue is this is a live system. I only have 5 minutes to try the upgrade and then fail everything back.

I was hoping someone had run into this before and could save me the time.

We are currently working on setting up a test system, but anything pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Dave

SO last night I tried upgrading the PRI router from 12.3(14)T6 to 12.4(11)T3 and ran the ccsip debug and got the following results. (see attached)

Calls inbound from the PSTN to the SIP phone work, but on the outbound (to PSTN) fail with a fast busy.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Dave

hi,

looks like a failure in codec negotiation

a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000

SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Media

question :

in your running config - can you look whether you work with g.729 or anything else maybe g.711

regards

alex

The dial-peer is set to use voice-class codec 3

and the codecs are set like this.

voice class codec 3

codec preference 1 g729r8

codec preference 2 g711ulaw

!

Cheers!

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: