cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G - Extended Battery is 100% charged but phone dies after 1 hour

shawzabeda
Level 1
Level 1

One of my 7921G phone has an extended life battery. The battery is fully charged but dies after 1 hour of use. The battery icon on the LCD shows yellow at 25%. I have switched the battery to another working phone and it shows 100% charge. I have also reset to factory setting and this did not resolve the issue. I know it is not a battery issue and will like to know if the phone is defective or if there is a fix to be done. The 1 year warranty is up and the user does not want to pay for a new phone.

5 Replies 5

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like a phone issue, if they are both running the same software. Appears the battery is calibrated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/firmware/1_1/english/release/notes/7921_11.html#wp193242

If the customer does not have a SmartNet contract and the warranty is up, then not much can be done except replace it.

Thanks for the information, I have verified the battery is calibrated correctly. I do have a Smartnet contract with Cisco via IBM. Does this mean I can have the phone replaced at no cost?

I suggest you call TAC to check entitlement of the phone.

How far away are your APs? The farther the AP is from the wireless phone the more power it takes.

I had a customer whose 7921s were eating battery power too fast. We added additional APs and now the batteries are lasting a lot longer.

Thanks all for your help. Cisco has replaced the wireless phone and this has resolved the issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card