cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone menu changes when upgrading UCCM

ckltd7401
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me the best way to find out any changes such as IP phone menus from an end-user perspective one might run into when upgrading UCCM? We're upgrading from 5.1.2 to 6.x and I'd like to make sure we don't run into any surprises. I've viewed all the release notes for each version of 6.x and did not see anything in particular. I wasn't sure if I was looking in the right place or not.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We have CCM 6.1 running in development and are using this system to create updated user documentation. We're still on 4.1 in production for one cluster and 5.x on another. For example, the Directories button on 6.1 adds Personal Directory in the 4th position, followed by Corporate Directory. The CCMUser interface is different - note: we adjusted a few Enterprise parameters (CCMUser parameters) based on what was displayed to the user. New in 6.1 CCMUser is a download link for the Help Guide specific to the user's phone model - very cool. In the Line Settings area, users can configure call forwarding separately for external and internal calls. We changed the parameter from default "Show all settings" to "Show Only Forward All". This mirrors what is shown in the 4.1 CCMUser and we think will prevent user created problems. If you have the opportunity to work with a test 6.1 system, that is the best way to compare what the user will see. Also, another good resource is the SRND guide for CUCM 6.1 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/uc6xsrnd.pdf

Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We have CCM 6.1 running in development and are using this system to create updated user documentation. We're still on 4.1 in production for one cluster and 5.x on another. For example, the Directories button on 6.1 adds Personal Directory in the 4th position, followed by Corporate Directory. The CCMUser interface is different - note: we adjusted a few Enterprise parameters (CCMUser parameters) based on what was displayed to the user. New in 6.1 CCMUser is a download link for the Help Guide specific to the user's phone model - very cool. In the Line Settings area, users can configure call forwarding separately for external and internal calls. We changed the parameter from default "Show all settings" to "Show Only Forward All". This mirrors what is shown in the 4.1 CCMUser and we think will prevent user created problems. If you have the opportunity to work with a test 6.1 system, that is the best way to compare what the user will see. Also, another good resource is the SRND guide for CUCM 6.1 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/uc6xsrnd.pdf

Ginger

Hey Ginger,

As always, a great detailed and informative answer! +5 points for this super insight :)

Take care,

Rob

Ginger,

I agree with Rob; thanks for your insight. It was most helpful.

ck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: