Views
Helpful
Replies

Import DMA file on CER with different hostname

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade to CER 2.0 on different hardware than CER 1.3 is installed on. We are going to use DMA to export the data. The issue is that while the new servers will have the same IP addresses as the old servers the new servers will have different names. Is is possible to import the DMA file to a server with a different hostname?

Thanks in advance! All replies rated

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Travis,

Change of hostname/IP address while W1 upgrade is not supported in CER.

This is a documented limitation in CER-2.0

See Note under Step -11

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/respond/cer20/admin20/e911inst.htm#wp1043105

Thanks Gonzalo,

I can rename the server after the DMA import is done correct?

Scratch that. Is there anyway at all that is supported to change the hostname on CER after the install of CER and importing the files from DMA?

From the same doc

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/respond/cer20/admin20/e911inst.htm#wp1043105

Decide on a permanent hostname for the Cisco ER server before you install Cisco ER. Changing the hostname of a Cisco ER server after installation may cause problems.

As you can see "may" is not like a definite answer, i dont believe this is supported but let me know if you have a single server or a CER Pub and SUb and get back to you with a definite answer.

Thanks Travis

Hello again,

there is a Pub and Sub here. I was thinking that if we can get the Oubs named changed we can just build out a new sub. The issue is that the old CERs were built out using an incorrect naming convention and the customer wants to get this standardized. We are also going to be replacing the servers themselves with new servers

Thanks again

I've put a new server name (and IP) on the CER 2.0 install. It will complain during the DMA import, but worked for me. Maybe I got lucky.

CallManager too.

I changed names because I didn't know if the Linux name would have a problem with the same Windows NETBIOS name. When the old and new servers were on the network.

On a different note. You can always create a new DNS entry to point to the new CER 2.0 server IP address and keep the CER 2.0 server Linux name the same as the old windows name.

If DNS is turned off on the server (recommended) then you can make any name on the customer's DNS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: