Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.3 Disassociate device/dn from user via USERPREFSPHONES.ASP

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

ENVIRONMENT: CCM 4.1(3).

NEED: To "dis-associate" a device/DN from a User, when device/DN count > 1,000. When I display all the devices/DNs currently "associated" to a User - I have to page, by page (64 of them) find the exact device/DN that I need to UN-check Radio Box to "dis-associate".

Possible Solution: Can I expand webpage size in USERPREFSPHONES.ASP for DEVICE ASSOCIATIONS from default of CHUNKLENGTH=20 to 1,000??? Then I could just use Browser's FIND to look for Device/DN I want to Dis-Associate", then UN-Check radio box...

Yours truly,

"Next Page" Guy

1 Reply 1

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

Eureka...It works!

I changed the "userprefsphones.asp" code to reflect this change:

TO : var chunkLength = 2000;

as I have over 1200 devices associated with this particular USER.

The display takes a while (3 seconds in the original asp, versus 11 seconds in the modified asp) to complete, but it gives me all of the devices on one web page!

All I do now is "FIND XXXX", then check the radio box to "dis-associate" the device and Vola! Done...

PS - I have four Call Managers/7845's so I tested this on one of the Subscriber's asp file.

\\10.2.0.20\c$\CiscoWebs\Admin\userprefsphones.asp

Then in the Browser's address field, I pointed to that Subscriber's file location (see above).

Now all I have to do is wait for Mr./Ms. Cisco to find out what I did and shake his/her finger at me.

Mr. No-Page Next guy...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: