Unified Mobility Advantage - Call Log

Unanswered Question
Jul 10th, 2008
User Badges:

I'm trying to get the call history functionality of Unified Mobile Communicator working, and I'm having a bit of trouble.

One of the things that might be throwing me off is my Dial Plan Configuration.

My extension regex is:

(?:450)?([4][0-9]{3})

This means that UMA should monitor calls that to and from numbers that match 450-4XXX, correct?

Also, since there is only one field, does that mean UMA is only useful for one location? I have branch offices with other DID ranges that I would like to include, but I'm not sure how.

ANY help would be vastly appreciated, as I'm not making much progress on my own.

For reference, here is the documentation relevant to my problem.

The regular expression configured in this field is used for:

•Identifying an extension number that Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator monitors for call control features.

•Identifying an incoming or outgoing call as an extension call. The phone number (ANI/DNIS) received in incoming or outgoing calls could be in extension-only format (internally dialed calls) or complete local-number format (direct inward dialing)

For example:

Assume that your area code is 408 (NPA = 408), and Direct Inward Dialing Prefix is 625 (NXX = 625), and that the Directory Numbers (extensions) defined in your Cisco Unified Communications Manager server are in the form 3xxx or 4xxx. The DID for the user would be 408-625-3xxx or 408-625-4xxx.

The regular expression to monitor extensions will be [3-4][0-9]{3}.

To match ANI/DNIS received in incoming or outgoing calls to an extension, you must add a prefix pattern to the regular expression. In this case, the prefix pattern is 625. For the server to extract the extension-only portion for monitoring, a grouping of extension pattern is required. Grouping is done by using parenthesis. Using the above example, the extension regular expression should be written as:

(?:625)?([3-4][0-9]{3})

•The "?" following the prefix group indicates this is optional.

•The "?:" after the opening parenthesis in the prefix group tells the engine not to count this group. That way, whether the prefix is present or not in the number, the engine can extract the first group as the extension-only portion.

•The {3} means the number of digits of the previous expression, such as [0-9] in the above example.

The server automatically matches additional variations of these numbers using the previously configured prefixes. Thus, if the area code is configured as 408, then the regular expression above would allow the server to identify 4086253125, 6253125, and 3125 as an extension number.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion