Views
Helpful
Replies

IP telephony Solution

jachowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need some assistance for BOM on the below requirement.

1) 250 IP Phone (Extension)

2) 50 Analog Extension

3) 2 ISDN PRI

4) 8 CO Trunk Lines

5) Voice mail system stand alone (8 Channels)

6) Back Up battery

7) User & Administor Training

8) Installation

9) Comparison IP Phone & traditional PABX system

10) Advantage of using IP Phone

11) Diagram or Layout for this proposal

12) Brochures

I only need help for no.1 to no.5.

Thanks and regards,

Jaganmohan C

15 Replies 15

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

which version of callmanager do you plan to use?

Please rate all useful posts

We are planning for CUCM 5.0 or later versions.

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

You don't have a Cisco sales representative in your area or a Cisco UC Specialized integrator?

The integrator will help with your ROI. Cisco has ROI tools that only Cisco partners have access to.

There is a lot more to consider. Do you have or need LAN switches with PoE? What model IP phones do you require? How many sites? Voicemail only or Unified Messaging. What e-mail platform do you have, etc etc etc.

You also want Cisco to talk to you about CUWL licensing that includes other applications like Presence, mobility, etc. If you can find a use for them, it improves your ROI.

Thanks for response..

We are looking for a basic voice solution.

ok if it is gonna be on one site

put a router as ur gateway with MGCP

then make 250 DNs and

lets say u have 50 number from the PSTN

and ur internal extentions will be 4 digits

then u can plan who will be reachable directly from the PSTN and make his las digits the same as last 4 digits on his PSTN number

on ur gateway setting on the isdn port chose 4 as significante number of digits

finally reserve a number from the pstn for either AA number for un operator to be reach directly and he/she can transfer calls to those without direct numbers from PSTN (NO DID)

or lets say u have unity voice mail u can reserve this number to unity and make it ur AA

good luck

and rate if helpful

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

I would sugguest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition. This will give you support of up to 500 phones.

1.) Cisco has a huge product list of phones that range from low to highend quality phones. I would recommend looking through this site to get a idea of the model phone that needs to be deployed. Typically, you want to match what they have or improve.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/index.html

2.) I would suggest a Analog Gateway. VG224 which has 24 analog ports. Cisco coming out with also a vg204 nad vg202. These will be replacing the ATA186.

3.) & 4.) Take a look at the ISRs. The will support both CO and PRI connections. Here is the link:

Cisco ISR 1800

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/index.html

Cisco ISR 2800

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/index.html

Cisco ISR 3800

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/index.html

5.) Business Edition comes with Unity Connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7273/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6985.html

I hope this helps..

Hi,

Please be aware that Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition does not provide any form of resiliency.

Its a stand alone box. I will suggest that if you want some form of backup/resiliency then go with the 2 MCS7816 appliance model servers, one runnjing as Publisher and the other as Subscriber. You can then use the Publisher as a backup for the Subscriber

I have attached a BOM for a recent install I did for a customer with MCS7816 running CCM6.1. I used 2 servers..

THE BOM also contails the kit list for a 2821 ISR..

The BOM is here attached

The BOM is nice and all. But where are you going to order the stuff from? That entity will just end up creating their own BOM anyways. And I don't suggest piecing you own list together and ordering from on online vendor.

So I don't understand what exercise you want to go through.

If you want to post the BOM you end up getting and want feedback from the group on direction you should go, then that's cool also.

That is correct. It is not redundant. However, I've heard that it may be something in the future. For now, you either go with what you stated or double up the BE. You would have one as a spare and restore to it once a month. Not very efficent, but does provide for some redundancy.

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I contacted my customer and I got one more specification from him. According his requirement, I have created a BOM and Network diagram. I do need clarification in the following.

1. I'm using a UC 6.x and it requires device license for my IP phones. What about those analog phones that are connected to the VG224/248? Do they require licenses as well to work with UC 6.x?

2. I proposed Unity server for messaging purposes. I know it will work with IP phones but will it work for those under the analog phones on the VG224/248?

3. I read in Cisco.com that VG224/248 are meant to support modem, fax machines and analog phones. However, those VG actually comes with RJ-21 interfaces. How am I going to connect my analog phones and fax machines to the VG since those items comes with RJ-11 interface?

Please find the BOM and Network design Diagram in the attachment.

Thanks and regards,

Jaganmohan C

Hi,

Answers...

1. The VG224/248 are added as gateways hence you do not need to obtain licenses for them. Each of the analog phones will be added as endpoints on the gateway, so no individual licenses are needed for them.

2. Yes, your analog phones can have voice mail access just like the IP phones.

3. May be you will need an adapter for this, I am not sure. I have an ATA with an rj11 interface and an analog phone with an rj45 interface connected with an adapter..

I am looking at documentation on line to see if I can find anything on this..wil let you know

Hi,

Here is what the documentation says..

You will use the RJ21 intefrace cable to connect the voice gateway to a distribution panel. These distribution panel is what you connect the Fax and analog phones to. It has a Rj11 interface..

From this doc..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg224/hardware/installation/guide/higinst_ps2250_TSD_Products_Installation_Guide_Chapter.html

NB: The VG224/248 does not come with the RJ21 cable, you have to purchase that yourself as well as the distribution panel/patch panel

You are missing a bunch of things on that BOM, hence my plea to work with Cisco or an integrator.

Note you can buy 3 VG224's for the price of one VG248. There is also some rumors for the VG248

You only have one CCM server license LIC-CM6.1-7816= for two servers.

The 7815 server won't handle 96 ports. Decrease the ports (save money) or increase the server.

I don't think the 2CE module does voice for voice PRI's. Don't confuse data PRI and voice PRI.

Why not use the new 7942 phones and take advantage of the wideband codec? At least a 7941 phone that has more memory and features than the 7940.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: