Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN and Dynamic DNS - ddns on IOS

gpellejaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a SSL VPN tunnel via SDM on a 877 Router. The router gets the public IP address dynamically from the ISP, so I have configured the DDNS to access remotely to the router. I would like to know if it's possible to configure the SSL VPN to support the dynamic IP via SDM o CLI.

Regards

Gerard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adventurer
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like i have fixed the problem using:

webvpn gateway gateway_1

ip interface Dialer0 port 443

ssl trustpoint local

inservice

However when the router is rebooted, it results in this error:

Invalid ip address First configure an IP address for the gateway

Any idea how to delay the webvpn commands at startup until dialer0 gets a dynamic IP ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Use this SSL VPN Client (SVC) on IOS with SDM Configuration Example .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6496/products_configuration_example09186a0080720346.shtml

Hi owillins,

Sorry, but this configuration example is only for static public IP, and I need a config example for dynamic DNS or know if it is possible.

regards

I'm also looking for an answer to this question. Anybody with SSL VPN and dynamic DNS experience please assist.

adventurer
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like i have fixed the problem using:

webvpn gateway gateway_1

ip interface Dialer0 port 443

ssl trustpoint local

inservice

However when the router is rebooted, it results in this error:

Invalid ip address First configure an IP address for the gateway

Any idea how to delay the webvpn commands at startup until dialer0 gets a dynamic IP ?

Hi joelau007,

I will try it later, and let you know.

Regards

Finally I configured the webvpn like you, and it works for me. I have reload the router, and can access without any problem.

Thank You!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: