Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Routed mode - cannot see serverside network

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the first context I've set up in pure routed mode without NAT. Taking advice from this forum I've defined the interface for the serverside VLAN only in the ACE context. Trouble is this doesn't seem to have propagted into the routing table.

The ACE can see the servers - they are in the ARP cache and can be PINGed from the context.

A show IP route on the 6500 doesn't find the serverside subnet in the routing table.

Am I missing something obvious. I've attached the config if that helps.

Thank you

Cathy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

have you added a static route from the MSFC to the ACE for the VLAN 382?

I ask because there should only be a static route to the server side vlan on your MSFC.

vlan 381 L3 on MSFC and ACE

vlan 382 L3 only on ACE

MSFC:

ip route 10.10.80.176 255.255.255.240 10.10.80.166

Roble

View solution in original post

I am not sure what your question is

Are you not seeing the VIPs in 6500 routing table? If its about vip the RHI (Route health injection (loadbalance vip advertise) should take care of it.

Or you want to see the Server vlan in the routing table of 6500?.

If thats the case then that is not going to happen. You will have to add static routes and redistribute them in the network (on upstream router).

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

have you added a static route from the MSFC to the ACE for the VLAN 382?

I ask because there should only be a static route to the server side vlan on your MSFC.

vlan 381 L3 on MSFC and ACE

vlan 382 L3 only on ACE

MSFC:

ip route 10.10.80.176 255.255.255.240 10.10.80.166

Roble

I am not sure what your question is

Are you not seeing the VIPs in 6500 routing table? If its about vip the RHI (Route health injection (loadbalance vip advertise) should take care of it.

Or you want to see the Server vlan in the routing table of 6500?.

If thats the case then that is not going to happen. You will have to add static routes and redistribute them in the network (on upstream router).

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed