Views
Helpful
Replies

MLA Problem

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having problem in configuring the MLA on cisco callmanger 4.1.

I have enabled the MLA, but after enabling it and restarting the services, i m only able to login via different users, but not with ccmadmin username and password.

on url i m using https://172.28.49.250/ccmadmin

after this when i gave ccmadmin and password that i chagned when i was enabling the MLA,it gave me error page cant display.

only different users are able to login but not administrator and CCMadmin is able to login.

Please help me out.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the exact username you're using?? it should be CCMAdministrator but you mention ccmadmin

have you reset the pwd with ccmpwdchanger?

DCD or AD?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have a look at this excelelnt document to resolve the problem..

After enabling MLA with Cisco CallManager 4.x, the Cisco CallManager user cannot access or log in to Cisco CallManager Admin pages with the Cisco CallManager Admin account

Core Issue When the user-activates Multilevel Administration (MLA) in the Cisco CallManager Admin pages, it enables MLA for all access. This flag for MLA access is stored in Structured Query Language (SQL) so it can be changed back to disable MLA.

Resolution If you lose the Cisco CallManager Admin password and are unable to access the Cisco CallManager Admin pages, perform these password recovery steps:

Select Start > Run cmd, and open the command prompt.

Run C:\dcdsrvr>passwordutils , where is the passworld for your Cisco CallManager Administrator.

Write down the result of step 2. The encrypted password is needed for further steps.

Check the registry key value in HKLM/SOFTWARE/Cisco Systems, Inc./Directory Configuration/ AppUsers/CCMAdministrator/Password. Determine if it is identical to the encrypted password in step 3.

If it is not identical, overwrite the registry key value with the password in step 3.

Re-start the Cisco CallManager server.

Log in to the Cisco CallManager Admin page, with the Cisco CallManager Administrator and password you specified.

If the problem persists, reset the password for the Cisco CallManager Administrator account in your Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server.

If you are aware of the Cisco Call Manager Admin password and still are unable to access the pages with the passoword, disable MLA on the Publisher.

Perform these steps to disable MLA on the Cisco CallManager Publisher from the Enterprise Manager:

On your Publisher server, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager.

Select the Publisher, open Databases, and open CCM030X where "X" is the highest number. Click Tables.

In the right window of the Tables list, right click on MLAParameter. Select Open Table > Query.

In the task bar at the top of the window, Click the "!". This produces some output at the bottom of the page.

In the first rown, change the value of EnableMLA from T to F. Close the Enterprise Manager console window to disable MLA.

Note: These steps are documented in the TAC Case Collection (TAC CC) solution K13558360.

Re-start Internet Information Server (IIS) and WWW services.

Open a new Cisco CallManager page, and log in with the normal Administrator account. (Administrator and password.)

Note:: After MLA is disabled, you must log in using the Administrator account, not the ccmadministrator account. The ccmadministrator is used only when MLA is enabled. For more information on this subject, refer to TAC CC solution K13072010.

Enable MLA User > Access Rights > Configure MLA Parameter > Enable MLA = True.

Set the Cisco CallManager Admin account password.

Log in to the Cisco CallManager Admin page with Cisco Call Manager Administrator.

If the problem persists, perform these steps:

Resync the service account password with AdminUtility.

Run C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin\AdminUtility.exe on the Publisher, and reset all passwords, including the password for SQLSvc account.

Please rate all useful posts

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also,

After enabling MLA note that you have to login using username : ccmadministrator

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: