cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second 7914 expansion module showing up as "offline"

flash2200
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote site with a receptionist station using a 7961 and two 7914 expansion modules. The administrator on site has not been able to get lines to show up on the second 7914 expansion module and it is seemingly unresponsive. They did notice, however, that when accessing 'status'> 'expansion module' from the receptionist's phone, that expansion module 2 shows as 'offline'.

After some research I found the link below which has a footnote at the bottom on Table 2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps1856/product_data_sheet09186a008008883d.html

The note states: "Local power must be connected to the first Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7914. This supplies power to both Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Modules 7914s."

So I had them connect the power to the back of the first 7914 (as opposed to the 7961 phone set) but after boot up the second expansion is still showing up with "Status" of "Offline"

Is there some thing I need to do to get in to go "online"?

TIA... and yes I award points for help :)

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you check that the cable goes into the "in" socket of 2nd sidecar ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: