I would like to introduce you my problem.
My company has a customer located in all Europe. They use a Cisco IP telephony solution. So Far everything is going well expect in one office located in France.
This office has the following number series : from +33 5 34 32 12 04 to 13 with +33 5 34 32 12 12 as the head/main number. Their service provider is France Telecom/Orange.
I did a debug isdnq931 and I called all the series of number from +33 5 34 32 12 04 to 13:
-I got a debug output (which I attach to this mail too) with works only with one number (0033 5 34 32 12 12) which is the main number of the series. But when I call this number I don t get the normal bip....2 sec....bip....2sec....bip, I hear nothing and then after 10 seconds, I hear a series op bip telling that the network is busy. if you look in the debug there are some errors actually.
-When I call the others numbers (12 04 to 1213 except 1212) I hear this french message : "Orange vous informe que le numero demande n est pas attribue" or translated in english :"Orange informs you that the request number is not available". And I don t get any debug activity, only with the main number (debug attached to the message).
On one hand, my customer says that the problem is coming from France Telecom because they say that they have tested the ISDN line and there are working properly: They say that France Telecom doesn't t root the numbers to them.
On the other hand, France Telecom says that everything is OK on their side.
That is why next Thursday I will go to our customer office and meet with a technician from France Telecom to try to fix the problem.
Where do you think the problem is coming from and how I can fix it? Is it really France Telecom who doesn't t root the numbers?
I would appreciate so much your help as I really want to fix this problem. My experience is more routing/switching but with your help I can maybe fix the problem.
P.S: I did write in this forum 2 weeks ago but I didn't t have any running-config to attach and now I have both running config and debug which I attach to this e-mail.
2) that s exactly what you should do.
post the result back when you finished.
This is why i love this forum, you get all experts advices for 0 coast :).
The number of digits we are talking about are the extension numbers used int he offices.
From your Attachments it seems like you are using 4 digits extesnions. Because the mask used on youroutgoing calls are XXXX..which means that the numbers 44299 + the 4 digit extension is what will show as the caller id on outgoing calls.
So you should set your inboud calls on your gateway to 4 digits.
You can confirm the number of digits by doing the following:
If you go to CCMadmin page>>device>Phones> click on find, click on phones that are registered. On your left hand side you should see the directory number information.
This is how you know the number of digits you are using.
Eg. if yoour phones have extension 5432 for example, you are using 4 digits, if its 12544 you are using 5 digits.
So you should set the inbound calls on the gateway to the number of digits you are using
OK, the call comes in for the 1st time:
you receive Disconnect Cause=1 0x01
1 = Unallocated (unassigned) number. This cause indicates that the destination requested by the calling user cannot be reached because the number is unassigned. This number is not in the routing table, or it has no path across the ISDN network.
then you try again using this dial-peer:
which again receives:
(most probably you have 2 servers and 2 dial-peers with same destination pattern but different preference)
then the call is hairpinned 2 times:
and at last you receive disconnect cause:
0x41 = Bearer capability not implemented. The cause could be one of the following occurrences:
i would advise you to check the config under CUCM to make sure the significant digits under GW config is set to the right amount of digits or to use translation rules to make it happen.
if this helps, please rate