Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephony problem in an office | Urgent, I need your help

lap
Level 2
Level 2

Hello everybody,

I would like to introduce you my problem.

My company has a customer located in all Europe. They use a Cisco IP telephony solution. So Far everything is going well expect in one office located in France.

This office has the following number series : from +33 5 34 32 12 04 to 13 with +33 5 34 32 12 12 as the head/main number. Their service provider is France Telecom/Orange.

I did a debug isdnq931 and I called all the series of number from +33 5 34 32 12 04 to 13:

-I got a debug output (which I attach to this mail too) with works only with one number (0033 5 34 32 12 12) which is the main number of the series. But when I call this number I don t get the normal bip....2 sec....bip....2sec....bip, I hear nothing and then after 10 seconds, I hear a series op bip telling that the network is busy. if you look in the debug there are some errors actually.

-When I call the others numbers (12 04 to 1213 except 1212) I hear this french message : "Orange vous informe que le numero demande n est pas attribue" or translated in english :"Orange informs you that the request number is not available". And I don t get any debug activity, only with the main number (debug attached to the message).

On one hand, my customer says that the problem is coming from France Telecom because they say that they have tested the ISDN line and there are working properly: They say that France Telecom doesn't t root the numbers to them.

On the other hand, France Telecom says that everything is OK on their side.

That is why next Thursday I will go to our customer office and meet with a technician from France Telecom to try to fix the problem.

Where do you think the problem is coming from and how I can fix it? Is it really France Telecom who doesn't t root the numbers?

I would appreciate so much your help as I really want to fix this problem. My experience is more routing/switching but with your help I can maybe fix the problem.

Best regards,

AT

P.S: I did write in this forum 2 weeks ago but I didn't t have any running-config to attach and now I have both running config and debug which I attach to this e-mail.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

OK, the call comes in for the 1st time:

Incoming Dial-peer=999011

Outgoing Dial-peer=211

you receive Disconnect Cause=1 0x01

1 = Unallocated (unassigned) number. This cause indicates that the destination requested by the calling user cannot be reached because the number is unassigned. This number is not in the routing table, or it has no path across the ISDN network.

then you try again using this dial-peer:

Outgoing Dial-peer=212

which again receives:

Cause Value=1

(most probably you have 2 servers and 2 dial-peers with same destination pattern but different preference)

then the call is hairpinned 2 times:

Outgoing Dial-peer=901

Outgoing Dial-peer=902

and at last you receive disconnect cause:

Disconnect Cause=41

0x41 = Bearer capability not implemented. The cause could be one of the following occurrences:

i would advise you to check the config under CUCM to make sure the significant digits under GW config is set to the right amount of digits or to use translation rules to make it happen.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

The number of digits we are talking about are the extension numbers used int he offices.

From your Attachments it seems like you are using 4 digits extesnions. Because the mask used on youroutgoing calls are XXXX..which means that the numbers 44299 + the 4 digit extension is what will show as the caller id on outgoing calls.

So you should set your inboud calls on your gateway to 4 digits.

You can confirm the number of digits by doing the following:

If you go to CCMadmin page>>device>Phones> click on find, click on phones that are registered. On your left hand side you should see the directory number information.

This is how you know the number of digits you are using.

Eg. if yoour phones have extension 5432 for example, you are using 4 digits, if its 12544 you are using 5 digits.

So you should set the inbound calls on the gateway to the number of digits you are using

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Laurent,

1) Exactement!!

2) that s exactly what you should do.

post the result back when you finished.

This is why i love this forum, you get all experts advices for 0 coast :).

48 Replies 48

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

guess you're using the BRIs for the incoming calls. by the description it would sound to me that the telco is not sending out the isdn setup to your GW for the call to work.

if you can see output for a debug isdn q931 only on one number that means that the connection is fine and that only that particular number is being routed to your GW by the telco.

you can try the same test but trying a debug voip ccapi inout and see if you get any output, if you do not see anything then there are good chances that the telco is not routing those numbers to your connection

with the telco guy on site you can show him that only main number is routed to your GW and that any other number is not reaching your GW so they can look at it

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

thanks a lot for your help. One thing i don t understand is why i don t get any tone when i call the main number and then network busy. Moreover if u look at the debug u see some errors, do u know why? Tomorrow i will try the other that u told me and i ll get back to u. Regards.

Hi Javalenc,

I did the debug voip ccapi inout that you told me which I attach to this message. Hope this help.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

A

calling and called number??

javalenc

HTH

java

Called number +33 534321212

Calling number +45 42140459

Hy Guys,

i read through the logs. I've got one question?

First the call goes throug thes 2 dialpeers

dial-peer voice 211 voip

dial-peer voice 212 voip

But after that one from this dialpeer is matched

dial-peer voice 901 pots

dial-peer voice 902 pots

and the call ist routed to the pstn.

isn't it so javalenc

OK, the call comes in for the 1st time:

Incoming Dial-peer=999011

Outgoing Dial-peer=211

you receive Disconnect Cause=1 0x01

1 = Unallocated (unassigned) number. This cause indicates that the destination requested by the calling user cannot be reached because the number is unassigned. This number is not in the routing table, or it has no path across the ISDN network.

then you try again using this dial-peer:

Outgoing Dial-peer=212

which again receives:

Cause Value=1

(most probably you have 2 servers and 2 dial-peers with same destination pattern but different preference)

then the call is hairpinned 2 times:

Outgoing Dial-peer=901

Outgoing Dial-peer=902

and at last you receive disconnect cause:

Disconnect Cause=41

0x41 = Bearer capability not implemented. The cause could be one of the following occurrences:

i would advise you to check the config under CUCM to make sure the significant digits under GW config is set to the right amount of digits or to use translation rules to make it happen.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi Javalenc,

Thank you very for your help and your great advice.

I have been under the call manager then gateway and I did some print screen which I attach to this post. What do you think?

Best regards,

A

How many number of digits do you use in your internal extensions?

You should set the number under incoming calls on thje gateway..change the significant digit from all to whatetever number you use internally

Hi Laurent,

from the debug you provided, your Gateway is passing all digits to the Callmanager (5 34 32 12 xx), so what you need to do is figure out how many digits are used internally and if you are using Translation pattern to route inbound Calls. If this is a new installation, you need to set this up, for example if you want to use 4digits internally (12xx), you just click on the Significant digit on the Gateway configuration and set it to 4 which will mean your gateway will pass the 4 digits from the right (ie 12xx) to your Callmanager, you then set up new DNs with 12xx.

HTH...

Hi Zinedine,

1)Actually I don t know how many digits are used internally. Can check this in the Call Manager? If yes where?

2) then I looked if there was a translation patern for this shop in the CM and I didn t see any. Only for one shop, the one in Paris. They have other shops in France (4 in total including Paris) but they don t use translation patern only for Paris. And the other shop are working find.

3)Then regarding the significant digit on every shop, in INBOUND CALLS, the field significant digits is set to all.

4) But regarding OUTBOUND CALLS, the field caller ID DN is set to : 15325XXXX for Paris and 44299XXXX for Aix, for Toulouse there is nothing in this field.

I attach 2 screens where you can see that.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

NTH

The number of digits we are talking about are the extension numbers used int he offices.

From your Attachments it seems like you are using 4 digits extesnions. Because the mask used on youroutgoing calls are XXXX..which means that the numbers 44299 + the 4 digit extension is what will show as the caller id on outgoing calls.

So you should set your inboud calls on your gateway to 4 digits.

You can confirm the number of digits by doing the following:

If you go to CCMadmin page>>device>Phones> click on find, click on phones that are registered. On your left hand side you should see the directory number information.

This is how you know the number of digits you are using.

Eg. if yoour phones have extension 5432 for example, you are using 4 digits, if its 12544 you are using 5 digits.

So you should set the inbound calls on the gateway to the number of digits you are using

Hi and thanks for your reply,

I think I am using 4 digits (see attachement).

The thing is that the other location have the significant digit in INBOUND CALLS set to all and no 4.

Then when I call the main number (see previous post, the only which I get a debug output from ) I don t get any tone and I don t know why?

Thanks for your help.

you're using 4 digits for dial plan, if other locations do not have that set then must probably they have a translation pattern to strip digits, there are several ways to do this but the easiest and the best practice is to strip them on the GW directly. i think that you should concentrate only on 1 location or go thru the WHOLE config of the other site to compare because just looking at the GW is not enough.

you do not get anything because you're DN is only 4 digits but you're sending more digits because nothing is stripping extra digits and this is assuming you have DIDs. are we talking about DIDs???

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: