Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity v4 to v5, what's backed up?

brobinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

We are going to upgrade from Unity v4 to v5... Do call handlers and such get backed up? Is there a way to back these up? We have on-box VM, so I can use the exMerge tool to preserve the voice messages.

Thanks for the reply!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ben,

Yes, all Call Handler info will be migrated across doing an "In Place" upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can look at all the stuff that is backed up at the DIRT help

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/DiRT/index.html

What Data Is Saved

Most Unity data is saved in this process. This includes all subscriber data, call handlers, interviewers, voice names, greetings, passwords, switch configuration information, etc… optionally you can backup report data and in the case of an Exchange based system, subscriber messages as well. Only a few specific items and settings are not preserved during the restore process. See the next section for those.

NOTE: While switch configuration information stored in the switch.INI files is saved, it is not restored onto the system. The data is in the original backed up files in case TAC needs to get to it. Since switch configuration can and does change between back up and restore (i.e. when moving systems) the local switch configuration needs to be configured and will not be restored. UTIM configuration data stored in the database is NOT backed up or restored.

NOTE: In 4.1(1) and later, the passwords entered during the password hardening wizard on the new installation (the one you will be restoring over) are used for ALL subscriber templates that are restored. This is to ensure that passwords which may not have been "hard" on the backed up system do not cause failures in the AD/Exchange account creation process during restore.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks! So I guess what I am looking for is if I upgrade from Unity 4.x to 5.x with on-box VM, all my call handlers and stuff will be saved during the migration process?

Hi Ben,

Yes, all Call Handler info will be migrated across doing an "In Place" upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: