Helpful
Replies

Random System Failures

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

Environment:

CCM 4.1, Unity version 4 also.

3560s, 2801s. 6 buildings all linked by fiber. Each building has a 2801 and 3560.

Total phone count: 60, mostly 7940s, some 7912s, a few 7960s.

All fiber runs back to main location where it joins the network through GBICs on 3560s.

At the main location we have a PRI that goes into a 2801.

Problem: 3 times in the last year, we will get a situation that goes like this:

Pressing 9 to dial out, and dialing your number: Phone shows call is completed, starts counting the seconds, but you hear nothing.

If we call another extension internally, they will hear us but we cannot hear them.

If someone calls in from outside and gets the auto attendant, no input is accepted, the attendant just keeps going. (i.e. Press 2 for this, she just keeps going, you can press as many buttons as you like, no change).

The solution seems to be to reboot the main 2801 with the PRI. I am not sure why this would cure internal extension-to-extension calls, but it does. My facility runs 24 hours a day, so a reboot is never a good thing.

Where should I start looking? Broadcast storms? Is this a sort of known bug that Cisco might have fixed somewhere? Anything in Unity or CCM I should look at? Counters on ports?

Would appreciate any direction at all!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, likely you just need to upgrade IOS on the 2801.

So this is some sort of known issue, do you think?? I will have to see what version we are running. If you could tell me what version you think would fix this, that would be great!

current version 12.3(11)T9

I would go with 12.4(3j). That's what ships by default today and is known stable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: