Helpful
Replies

PCR/SCR values in 3640

dhanasekaran.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Networkers !!

Need a clarification on an ATM configuration ,

Today we have installed a new ATM circuit , where i have been asked to set a PCR / SCR value of 4096/3072 .. And I own a 3640 Router with a loaded IOS version of c3640-is-mz.122-12a.bin and I have the IMA 4 port E1 Port adapter, 4 ports installed.

But I was not able to set the PCR value to 4096 as it allows only a max value of 3840 , Is this limitation due to Hardware / Software.

And im able to get this value in 2800 Intergerated routers ??

Any clue !!!! Thanks in advance !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the router is correct.

Your E1 circuits are using 30 timeslots of 64 kbps each, so they are 1920 Kbps. times 2, = 3840.

To run a PCR of 4096, you SP should give you unframed E1 circuits that are the only ones running at true 2048 Kbps.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the router is correct.

Your E1 circuits are using 30 timeslots of 64 kbps each, so they are 1920 Kbps. times 2, = 3840.

To run a PCR of 4096, you SP should give you unframed E1 circuits that are the only ones running at true 2048 Kbps.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it helps!

Thanks. let me push the SP to get the E1 corrected.

Sometime SPs are unable to provision unframed E1 due the equipment they're using, or other issue.

A small improvement would be using using 31 timeslots instead of 30. Currently you are not using TS 16.

In any case, it's impossible by definition to configure a PCR larger than access speed.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco