cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't PPTP out of network with ISA and ASA

wdbrewster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network configuration with two firewalls. ASA5510 is the first level of security and then Microsoft ISA is the next level of security before traffic enters the LAN. The problem I am faced with is that PPTP works inbound to the LAN but would not work on the outbound. I tried turning off the inspection but this doesn't help. I temporary replaced the ASA5510 with a 2821 router configured as a firewall and this works perfectly. Can anyone tell me why the ASA5510 would not allow the outbound PPTP connection. It works ok if the ASA5510 is standalone.

4 Replies 4

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

show the configuration...

Please find attachment

you have two static

static (inside,outside) tcp interface pptp 172.16.0.2 pptp netmask 255.255.255.255

static (inside,outside) tcp 64.180.2.2 pptp 172.16.0.3 pptp netmask 255.255.255.255

which is not working?

These are inbound to the network, these are working fine. The problem is that I am unable to pptp from inside the network to any host outside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: