cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet Issue

kian_hong2000
Level 1
Level 1

If Switches without username and password, we cannot telnet in.

But what if Acess Point without one, are we able to telnet in?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1) Yes you will

2) You need login local

3) Yes with (bbb)

4) No... you either have a password or use login local.

Here is a link that will help you better understand.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_configuration_example09186a0080204528.shtml#pw-line

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For autonomous ap's you need to supply a local login or vty password. If you have a WLC and LAP's you can telnet to the WLC if you have that enabled, but you can't telnet to the LAP.

-Scott

I have some other questions.

I notice that the vty are spilt into line vty 0 4 and line vty 5 15.

1) Now i did not put the username and password but instead i put a password in the line vty 0 4, will i still be able to telnet in?

2) I put a username and password (aaa) to the configuration but this time no password inside vty 0 4. Will i be able to telnet in?

3) Now i add in a different password (bbb) into the same configuration line vty 0 4, can i still be able to telnet in?

4) Say line vty 0 4 password is (bbb), line vty 5 15 password is (ccc) and the username 123 password (aaa).

Can i say the fifth telnet to the switch is using either (aaa) or (ccc) password?

1) Yes you will

2) You need login local

3) Yes with (bbb)

4) No... you either have a password or use login local.

Here is a link that will help you better understand.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_configuration_example09186a0080204528.shtml#pw-line

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card