CED more than one digit

Unanswered Question

You haven't offered much information.

Are you trying to configure a Get Digits microapp to accept 4 digits and return the result to the ICM script that invoked it in Call.CallerEnteredDigits?

Is the ECC variable value of the user.microapp.error_code = 0, indicating success?

Is your VRU script name something like "GD,enter_4_digits" where the associated WAV file is enter_4_digits.wav - with the Configuration Param field set to "4,4" ?

I could be totally wrong, and maybe you are using Cisco CVP VXML Studio (Audium) to create this application.

Please provide more details.

Chad Stachowicz Sun, 07/13/2008 - 13:32

I don't see anything coming into the CED node?

Also, I believe what you are trying to do is say, take in 14 as the menu option? I think geoff is right, use GD microapp, return the entereed digits, move it into the CED variable and use the CED node from there!

One correction - you don't "move it into the CED variable" - it's already there. The value is returned in Call.CallerEnteredDigits and the CED node looks at that.

Either you can use a series of "IF" nodes examining Call.CallerEnteredDigits or you can use the CED node with various branches. Same thing. If I have only one or two values to check, I use the IF nodes.

If I had more than that I would use the CED node - but I typically build menus in Audium, so I haven't needed to.

Chris Deren Sun, 07/13/2008 - 16:31

First of all your language's success node does not appear to go anywhere.

In order to collect more than one digit using microapps you need to define the external VRU scripts as "GD" (Get Digits) and then define the paramter with how many digits you wish to collect. The first parameter indicates the min and the second indicates the max expected digits.

Take a look at the CVP Admin Guide for more details about configuraing parameters for microapps.

This Discussion