Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM auto reboot problem !!!

pocketldq
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all !

I have a problem with FWSM. I've used ver: FWSM Firewall Version 3.2(3). and configured Failover in two chassis 6509. The firewall system have worked for 8 months but this is the second times the FWSM auto reboot. The first time has happended a month ago.

the system has log like this :

-C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED power to module in slot 1 set off (Reset)

-DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM Module 1: Running Minimal Diagnostics...

-DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK Module 1: Passed Online Diagnostics

- OIR-SP-6-INSCARD Card inserted in slot 1, interfaces are now online

there is no log before this event !

Please give me some advises !

Thanks so much !

7 Replies 7

pocketldq
Level 1
Level 1

again !

Hey,

I had one do something similar but I could never work out what the problem was so I had to send it away to be repaired. I did try a few things beforehand though so maybe they'll help you.

1. Try running the diagnostics on the blade. There is a memory check amongst other things.

2. Try looking for dump files that might be created when it crashes. You may have to put the blade into maintenance mode for that but try just looking in flash first.

3. You could try changing the physical memory if you have some spare.

Does it happen under specific conditions - heavy load etc?

Good luck!

Anthony

thanks Anthony !

I tried ... :(

Pocket

hi Anthony !

I've tried but I could't find any thing about that, There's no log, except module reset logs.

the FWSM don't work in hard load condition. about 600Mbps in/out and 15% connection capacity.

I thinks i have to send it back to warrant.

pocket.

Dear pocketldq ,

i have the same problem.Could you pls tell me how did you overcome with this problem??

Thnaks

WEERAKOO69BA
Level 1
Level 1

Dear pocketldq

Can u tell me how did you solve this issue??Did u replace the card??I have the same problem in one of my customers.

Thanks

Pls. open a case with TAC.  Issue "sh crash" and if there is a crash file saved, attach that to the TAC case.

TAC will decode the crash and suggest and upgrade if needed.

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card