cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having a Hunt Group call a DN that forwards to an offnet number

scostigan2
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup up a hunt group to be used by the Unity Message Notification to call an CUM 6.1 Hunt group that points to DN's that call diffrent CFA offnet numbers (the support groups cell phones).

If i add internal DN's that are attached to devices to the LG this works. The unatached DN's that forward to an off-net number fail. When I call the Hunt Pilot from my phone I get the same issue so I know it is not a problem with Unity (it's outcall works fine to off-net numbers). This seems like a simple setup but i am stumped. I get a fast busy when the group only has the DN's with the CFA to an off-net number.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When calling via a hunt pilot, the forward settings on the members are not being used.

If you are doing this for Unity notifications take a look at the Cascading Message Notification feature:

Cascading Message Notification

Cascading message notification allows you to set up a series of notifications to a widening circle of recipients.

For example, to create a hierarchy of message notifications for your Technical Support department, set the first message notification to be sent immediately to the pager of the front-line technical support representative. The next notification can be sent after a delay of 15 minutes to the pager of the department manager. A third notification can be sent after a delay of 30 minutes to an employee in the Problem Resolution Group.

Notifications continue to cascade according to the options you selected until the message has been saved or deleted by a recipient.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag220e.html#wp1048377

Chris

Thanks for the info,

I kmow that I can do it that way but I was trying to setup a way it was easy for the tech to change there offhours support number. The other way requires the clients limited staff to make changes whenever they change thier minds. Once again thanks for the idea.

honniesr
Level 1
Level 1

on the call forwards, are you setting the search space to allow for the offnet calls?

Thanks,

Robert

Yes I am. I know I have missed something but uugghh!

as cderen has already explained, calls that are routed thru pilot points and hunt pilots are not subject to call forward settings of the members. call forward settings only have effect for direct calls to the DNs.

they guy from this post is doing the same as you:

CM Hunt Pilot

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc140ea

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

scostigan2
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. I have figured out that a forward to a forward fails. I can not seem to find a setting that disallows this.

I am having a problem similar to this, except I only want my hunt pilot to fwd to voicemail once it stops hunting. My hold revision timeout is currently set to 18 secs which is approx 4-5 rings. After timeout, all I get is fast busy. I have my hunt list configed with "For voicemail usage" being checked. Any ideas on what I may be missing here?

Hi Lamar,

These Destination settings (on the Hunt Pilot) need to be configured to go to the Unity Voicemail Pilot #;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html#wp1023973

The "For voicemail usage" checkbox should not be checked :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I unchecked the "For voicemail usage" as indicated on the hunt list. I set the Destination for Forward Hunt No Answer and Forward Hunt Busy to my Unity VM pilot ext. I restarted CTI Mgr service (just for kicks) on all CCMs in cluster; still get fast busy after RNA timeout. My UCCM ver is 6.1 with Unity 4.0.4. Is it necessary to have another device (such as CTI Port with DID) forward calls to the hunt pilot and use the "Use Personal Preferences" option? I know there's a few ways to do this, but I believe in keeping it simple.

My goal is to have approx 5 phones (that have different DNs) ring simultaneously via broadcast from the hunt pilot and goto 1 designated voicemail box assigned to the hunt pilot when unanswered.

Hi Lamar,

A couple of things to check here :)

If you want the phones to all ring at the same time this is "Broadcast". The RNA Reversion Timeout will not be the place to set the timer for routing calls to voicemail. You will need to set the time under the Maximum Hunt Timer.

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

If the call goes unanswered then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level that routes the caller to Unity;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity Pilot)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity Pilot)

***Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

You shouldn't need to use a CTI-RP to route the calls to the Hunt Pilot, just setup the Pilot with the specified DID number itself.

Hope this helps!

Rob

BINGO!!

Its working Rob; thanks for your help and patience! I'd close this convo, but I can't cause I didn't start it.

Funning thing is, I tried those settings last night and was still getting fast busy. I tried calling the line again today and it was working. I guess my resets were not enforced for sometime after invoking; that's the only reason I can think of why it started working today and not last night.

I rated both of your last posts; well deserved.

Hi Lamar,

You are most welcome my friend! I'm very glad this started working for you. Great work!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: