Changes CCM

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2008

Hi, I have installed the Cisco Call Manager version 6. And now I would like change the hostname of the call manager. How I can do it? What are the parameters or functions that are affected with the change of hostname?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (3 ratings)
Chris Deren Sun, 07/13/2008 - 16:42

You cannot change the hostname after the server has been installed. Your only option is to rebuild the server and specify new hostname during the installation.

The only time a hostname can be changed is when upgrading from windows based CM (4.X) to applicance based CM.

HTH,

Chris

ricardorojas123 Sun, 07/13/2008 - 18:26

I have the cisco call manager 6.0... and so ,,, I dont can change the hostname of the call manager ?

rob.huffman Mon, 07/14/2008 - 05:45

Hi Ricardo,

This is still a "no go" in all CCM Versions up until CCM 6.1(2);

Prior to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(2), you cannot change the host name of either the publisher node or subscriber node after it is installed. If you must apply a new host name to a server, you can delete the server from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration (System > Server) and then reinstall the server with a new hostname. Also, be aware that a DRS backup that you take from a server with a particular hostname cannot be restored on a server (either a publisher or subscriber node) with a different hostname, even after you reinstall that node.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_1/ipchange/ipchg611.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion