cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inquiry about IP Phone License

helios999
Level 1
Level 1

Guys can anyone tell me about how Cisco IP Phone License works?

Is it possible to buy a used IP Phone and connect it to a Call Manager?

I need your help guys.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Hi

Which version of callmanager are you using??? if it is callmanager 6, you need to buy bundled device licenses of 50 or 100...like that. Each model of your phone require a certain number of licenses. check the link for the number of licenses required for each phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/ps6164/prod_qas0900aecd805009fc_ps556_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Thanks

Jerril

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Call Manager version 4.1, what is the policy if I will use a second hand IP Phone in this Call Manager?

Thanks.

For CM 4.2 to be compliant you need to purchase Cisco phone license such as SW-CCM-UL-7941.

There is no license enforcment in CM 4.X from software point of view, so these licenses do not get activated nor applied anywhere unlike CM 5/6 where you have to purchase DLUs which get applied to CM.

Chris

Hi,

My 4.2 CM has a license already for 100 IP Phones and 200 Soft Phones. Does this mean that I can buy used IP Phone and used it in my CM without license problems?

Hope you reply.

Thanks.

Legally you can have as many devices defined in CM as you purchased devices, IPC license is different from phone license as the cost is different, so again from legal point of view you can have 200 softphones (IPC) and 100 hard phones defined in CM, they can be obtained from anywhere.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: