cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring speed dial and 7914 expansion module on Callmanager Express

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

I just finished deployment of IP telephony express of 26 users. The ccme version is cme-124-11XW1 and the IOS is c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW1.

The requirements include the configuration of speed dial on all the 7961 IP phones. Another requirement is adding of 7914 expansion module on the helpdesk phone (7961) and configuring speed dial on it.

I'm presently faced with the following challenges.

1) I configure the speed dial on the 7961 phones, but the speed dial display in only two of the buttons. On some of the phones the speed dial display only on one of the buttons

2) I added the 7914 and configured the needed speed dial, but this does not display on the buttons. All the buttons on the 7914 shows red continuously and nothing displays on the screen.

The attached is an extract from my configutation

Please, can anyone assist?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

First of all XW1 has many many bugs, you must upgrade to XW8 to avoid many problems.

Second, you need to configure "addon 1" after "type 7961" to enable the 7914.

Please rate post if it helps!

Hi Bevilacgua,

Thanks for the quick response. I will try the upgrade as you suggested. But for the 'addon' I have done that.

Hi, you need tftp-server "flash:S00105000200.sbn", not .load and not without extension.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Hi Bevicqua,

I have also done this (tftp-server "flash:S00105000200.sbn). You can go through the attachement in my first posting.

Hi,

do "debug tftp events" with "term mon" when resetting the phone.

You will see what files are requested and if the router does not serve them, there is a problem in config or with the file itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: