Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Directory User/Global Directory

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am not able to see users in Global Directory of Attendant console. Attendant console is working fine, i have to transfer the call after manually giving the extension number of desired user.

Also i m not able to see Directory user tab in IP Phone. I have CCM 4.1, everything is working fine, but cant search the user on ip phone by directory tab. Please tell me how to enable it and how to see user in AC global directory.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

WHen you press the directory button on your IP phone what do you see?

You can do a qucik check and see if this is a DNS issue..

Go to CCMadmin>>System>>Enterprise parameters>> Scroll down to Phone URL Parameters.

Check your directory URL, makesure its pointing to the IP address of your publisher, not the hostname...example shown below:

http://192.168.2.10/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

Let me know if this helps..

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Hi,

I did not know you were using ccm4.1

Ok here is what you should do.

Delete the first folder with userlists (small u) and leave the one with the capital U. You can see that th first file has users without extension numbers and it looks like this is the file that AC is rerencing. This way we will force AC to use the file with teh capital U, since it will be theonly one remaining

After deleting the file, go to serviceability and restart the telephony call dispatcher service and try again

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

WHen you press the directory button on your IP phone what do you see?

You can do a qucik check and see if this is a DNS issue..

Go to CCMadmin>>System>>Enterprise parameters>> Scroll down to Phone URL Parameters.

Check your directory URL, makesure its pointing to the IP address of your publisher, not the hostname...example shown below:

http://192.168.2.10/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

Let me know if this helps..

Thanks for the help, now i can see the user directory in IP phone, but still not able to see the user in Attedant console global direcotry. I have execute the buildir.bat so many times, restart the callmanger, reinstall the Attendant cosnole but still not able to see the users in Attendant cosole global directory window.

I have manually enter the extension of users to transfer the calls.

Please tell me how to solve the problem. I will be very greatful to u .

I will look into this for you!

Hi,

Can you check to see if your users have their telephone number field populated in Callmanager..

You will find this under the user configuration..

If the users do not have their telephone numbers entered in, they will not show up in AC

yes the users has populated their numbers in the call manager, the prove is that when i saw the directory in IP phone it shows me username with respective extensions.

I am not having this problem in another office call manager, here i did nothing and user import automatically, only this call manager is giving me problem.

You could try restarting the CCM attendant console service.

Did you manually import users at any time?

Check if this file exist "corporated directory.txt"...

do the following

1In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Application > Cisco Unified CM Attendant Console > Cisco Unified CM Attendant Console User File Upload.

The Attendant Console User File Upload window displays.

Step 2Click the Delete button that appears next to the CorporateDirectory.txt link.

I have seen this before when there is a problem with the AC configuration. Pay Special attention to the usename and password and make sure the phone is associated with the acuser account for CTI use.

I never import the user manually. Everything running by default.

I have two folders in Program files one is

Program Files\Cisco\Unified CallManager Attendant Console\userlists

and files contain

#

# THIS IS AN AUTO GENERATED CORPORATE DIRECTORY LIST.

# Generated at: Sun Jul 13 15:33:22 PDT 2008

#

console, attendant, ,

hussain, ashfaque, ,

waqqas, umar, ,

amjad, usman, ,

hassan, wasim, ,

# Total user count: 5

second folder in Program Files

ProgramFiles\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\UserLists

this file contain

#

# THIS IS AN AUTO GENERATED CORPORATE DIRECTORY LIST.

# Generated at: Mon Jul 14 17:24:43 PDT 2008

#

console, attendant, ,

hussain, ashfaque, 21002,

waqqas, umar, ,

amjad, usman, 21003,

hassan, wasim, 21001,

# Total user count: 5

I have CCM 4.1. and I cant see any File Upload option under application tab.

I have CCM Attend console option under in service tab.

I have attached the snapshot of service tab,

so please tell me how to delete the files, shall i manually delete the files from the program files.

Hi,

I did not know you were using ccm4.1

Ok here is what you should do.

Delete the first folder with userlists (small u) and leave the one with the capital U. You can see that th first file has users without extension numbers and it looks like this is the file that AC is rerencing. This way we will force AC to use the file with teh capital U, since it will be theonly one remaining

After deleting the file, go to serviceability and restart the telephony call dispatcher service and try again

thanks CHAMP, it is working now. Thank u so much for the continous help and support. I can see the user in the AC global directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: