ICM SR12 installation issue

Unanswered Question
Jul 14th, 2008
User Badges:

We have two roggers (rogger01 - Side A & Rogger02 -side B) in our setup. In test environment, I installed SR12 of ICM on rogger02 and started the ICM services, logger services were running fine but router services were stopped after few minutes. Hence I uninstalled SR12 from rogger02. When I installed SR12 on both roggers at same time, everything was fine. In production environment, we cant carry activity on both rgrs at same time otherwise IPCC will be dwn. Can we get solution to install sr12 on one rogger at a time?

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
jeff.marshall Mon, 07/14/2008 - 06:43
User Badges:

Nope.

The process is exactly as you discovered.

Upgrade RoggerB and one of the AWs to SR12 (keeping ICM Services stopped on those devices). Then stop services on the other AWs and eventually RoggerA. Start Services on RoggerB (Logger then Router) and the upgraded AW (this is an outage of no more than 5 minutes). Confirm that all PGs connect and are in service and perform your test scenarios. Once testing is complete and successful, then upgrade RoggerA.

Start RoggerA with the Router first, wait until sync operations are complete and then Logger service. Test failover to SideA and re-perform your testing. Once complete with testing return SideB to service for normal full-duplex operations and upgrade the remainder of the AWs and then the PGs (if necessary).

/Jeff

K_require Mon, 07/14/2008 - 07:00
User Badges:

I am really thankful jeff. But we cant take the downtime of both roggers at a time even for one second . Our IPCC voice processes are running 24X7 and hence so much critical. Its really mandatory to have atleast one rogger up and running at a time. Can you please suggest the alternative. I can take only one rogger at time for installation

Riccardo Bua Mon, 07/14/2008 - 07:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

The process Jeff outlined is the correct one, you will have an outage only when the two routers will get in synch and since you are running roggers it should not take long.

There is no other option you will default route and eventually disconnect only few calls.

Regards,

Riccardo

K_require Tue, 07/15/2008 - 02:44
User Badges:

Customer is not permitting for downtime of both roggers at a time. Really the solution is needed for ICM Sr12 installation with installation on one rogger at a time

K_require Tue, 07/15/2008 - 06:58
User Badges:

Previously I installed SR12 on Rogger & AW in test environment and uninstalled it from both servers. Now when I am trying to Re-install SR12 on the server, i am facing the installer below problem

----------------------------------------

This patch is not designed to install on top of the currently installed patches or product version.

If you feel that you should have been able to install the patch (ICM6.0(0)_SR12.exe) on this system, please contact support with following information:

Unreconciled Patches on Base: NONE

Attempted to install: ICM6.0(0)_SR12.exe

Full name of install: Cisco ICM Service Release ICM6.0(0)_SR12

Error code: BASE_MISMATCH_FOR_PATCH

-----------------------------------------

How to resolve it to reinstall the patch?

Riccardo Bua Tue, 07/15/2008 - 07:08
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

Looks like you have an updated registry and the uninstall didn't fix it.

It can be corrected by going to "Start", then to "Run", typing "regedit" without the quotes, and changing the following key to point at the valid last installed patch's subkey (each subkey has an install date recorded if you're unsure which is the latest).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Patch\\\Patch]

Current Patch =

For example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Patch\ICM\6.0\Patch]

Current Patch = ICM_6_0_0_0_0_0_0

The ICM_6_0_0_0_0_0_0 would match a valid subkey under the Patch key.

You should be able to rerun setup afterwards.

Regards,

Riccardo

PS. Please remember to rate useful posts accordingly.

K_require Tue, 07/15/2008 - 23:53
User Badges:

When we are bringing down the service on both roggers, is there any alternative to keep the IPCC call routing in progress?

Actions

This Discussion