Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking Number in Unity.

Hi everyone.

If a customer gets through to voicemail and presses 0 to get to reception. The number that is masked comes up as the Voicemail Port Number (e.g 8101 or 8102, or 8103 etc...) I would like the number of the person that is calling to be displays on the phones in reception.

For example, I ring 4093349 from 12345678 and reach the persons voicemail. Unity informs me that I can dial 0 for reception. When I dial 0, the number that is displayed on the CLID on the phone is 810x(where x can be any number).

The 810x are voicemail port configured in Call Manager and are a member of a Hunt Group. I would like the callers number 12345678 to display on the CLID of the receptions phone.

Can anyone shine any light on this?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bug Details

Calls from Unity AA display VM port number on phone display prompt line

they added this parameter:

Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity

this is only for CUCM 4.2(3) and 6.x versions. since CUCM 5.X is based in 4.1(x) you cannot find it on those versions.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Javalenc,

Many thnaks for the super quick response.

I am far from being a guru in Unity. Where do I set this paramenter? Is it in Unity advanced Tools?

in CUCM

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

Just to add a touch to the great tips from Jaime (+5 points for this Jaime :)

Here is where to change this setting;

ccmadmin> Services> Callmanager Service> Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)> Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity> **change to True

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: