Views
Helpful
Replies

Message keywords & NOT operation

joe.favia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like a good explanation of how the NOT operation works in CSMARS on keywords search strings. I'm in the process of defining a few new rules in order to exclude events in certain conditions. In other words, I'd like a message to be sent only if certain keywords are not present in the message.

Can this be done? I've already defined a rule that excludes the ACTION when there is at least one of the keywords by using the OR condition. I'd like the message to be sent if the event occurs and the message does not contain "JOHN", "JOE" or "JIM". What's the correct way to proceed in this case?

Thanks, Joe

3 Replies 3

joe.favia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found a something in the release notes regarding the NOT operator when using keywords. Apparently you must implement a workaround to use it because you MUST first set a TRUE condition and then you can use the NOT operator with subsequent keywords. For example, when working with PIX messages you could define :

KEYWORD OPERATOR

------- --------

PIX NOT

changeto

this would consider all messages containing the keyword "PIX" and NOT containing the keyword "changeto".

I just thought it could interest someone else....

Cheers, Joe

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, this can be done. You've found one "gotcha" already. Did that solve the issue for you?

Yes it did! I only had to find the TRUE condition...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: