cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNIFIED Message 5.x Issue

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When the user retrieving the Voice Mail from the Message button, its not giving the sender's phone number. except every thing working fine.

VM are coming to mail box.

User can get the time of call..all those except called number

pls advice

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Does the voice message Subject in the mail box show from "Unidentified Caller"? The BPX may not be passing callerid information to Unity. Or does it have the user's identification information, but no number, i.e. Voice Message from Ginger? If that is what is happening, my first guess would be that you have configured the voice message subject, which can be customized as to the fields that are displayed. In Unity 4.X this is updated in Cisco Unity Tools Depot - Advanced Settings Tool. Check here first on your 5.X system. In Unity 7.x, I believe this can be customized by the user from within Unity Assistant. To be sure of what Unity is getting from the PBX, you can run the Unity utility Call Viewer (for CallManager integrations) or use Port status monitor and test an incoming message to see what Unity sees.

Ginger

Hello Ginger,

Sorry for the delay

Yes....In the subject its showing from unidentified caller and also I can see the called party number. Its not showing like VoiceMail from Ginger, only the number..

Message from Unidentified number ( XXXX )

thats all

And also I have checked in the Advanced Settings of Unified Message 5.x. I was not able to figure out.

Could you please explain me in detail..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: