cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translate Calling ANI from a pool of numbers, randomly

littleindia
Level 1
Level 1

When making a call out via a VoIP dial-peer, we want to change all calling ANI number, to take from a range (or a pool) of numbers, sequentially or randomly.

How to do it?

I saw the voice translation profile can only does Calling ANI translation to a single number, not possible to "take" from a pool or range of numbers.

I only want to done the Calling ANI translation at a particular VoIP termination carrier. Hence, the commands should be applied under that dial-peer. Am I logical correct?

Thanks...

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How big and what is the pattern of the pool you want to use ?

The pool or range of number is from xxxx-xxxx-x001 to xxxx-xxxx-x500.

Sometimes, the range/pools will be smaller.

Hence, any calls send out via that VoIP carrier, the Gateways will translate/replace the Calling ANI.

For larger pools, it's doable but requires a lot of configuration. Basically you would build specialized DPs based on called number, to each one to set a particular calling number.

For example, in case of a 500 numbers pool:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

destination-pattern [01]00$

clid network-number 5551000

dial-peer voice 1001 voip

destination-pattern [01]01$

clid network-number 5551001

dial-peer voice 1100 voip

destination-pattern [23]00$

clid network-number 5551100

dial-peer voice 1100 voip

destination-pattern [45]00$

clid network-number 5551200

dial-peer voice 11499 voip

destination-pattern [89]99$

clid network-number 5551499

Other configuration can be made depending on the exact size of the pool.

However, I think at a certain point, it would be better to manipulate the calling number via a TCL script.

Please rate post if it helps!

Sorry, the post does not help.

The dial-peer is checking every destination starting prefix & assign a Calling ANI, which is not suitable for operation.

The example I gave you programatically assign calling number based on the last three digits of called number, not the starting prefix.

This way, statistically you will be using all the numbers in pool.

If that is not ok with you, as I mentioned before, the other alternative is to use a custom TCL script for the purpose. Only that would allow you to choose the calling number in a random manner. No IOS configuration would allow you to do that.

I got your point. I had to use a Soft-switch to do this. Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: