Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading Location Software onto WCS

greg.murray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to load Location Appliance Software onto WCS through the WCS interface and not CLI and I am running into some problems.

I am currently running version 4.1.83.0 with Location, and version 2.1.39.0 on the Location Appliance.

The Appliance is sync'd with WCS however everytime I try and transfer some new software I get the following error message:

Error: Unknown Exception Occured. If the problem persists please send logs to technical support

I have tried several versions and I am following the upgrade guide on CCO which is not very good

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm confused at what you are trying to do. What new software are you trying to load???? code?

Is this what you are trying to do?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/location/2700/quick/guide/li31main.html#wp1048000

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm confused at what you are trying to do. What new software are you trying to load???? code?

Is this what you are trying to do?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/location/2700/quick/guide/li31main.html#wp1048000

-Scott

Yes code. And I've followed the instructions as per the URL that you have posted.

Try to do the upload via the cli. If the GUI doesn't work, then the only option is the cli. The only reason I say that, is becaue I have seen issues with using the WCS and if you open a TAC case, they will most likely remove the LA form the WCS, add it back in, restart the service, maybe reboot the wcs server and then go into the cli and push the new code.

-Scott

I did it through the CLI and that works fine. Now I'm just trying to find out why it wouldn't work through the GUI now. Thanks anyway

I wish I could help you there, but when I run into that issue on an install, I just go right into the cli and do the upgrade... hate wasting time on stuff that is flaky. Maybe one day if it happens again and I have time, I will have TAC look at it.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card