Replies

Moved subscribers from Unity 4.21 to 7.02

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

I used the GSM tool.

Unity 4.21 is partnered with E2k3

Unity 7.02 is partnered with E2k7

I tested all of this in my lab and it worked.

After moving subscriber and before moving mailbox Unity subscriber is on the 7.02 Unity and mailbox is still homed on E2k3

When hitting the messages button and logging in I then get your messages are not available now. Almost like UMR but the messages are not in the UnityMTA.

My bosses are not sure of GSM now.

Any ideas.

rlp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Randy -

I would use the unityinstall account, which would have been the one logged on when creating the UnityDb, unless the SA account was changed after the fact. Even though our Unity servers are in same dialing domain, several are in different AD domains, and therefore the domain admin account for each Unity server installed in a separate domain does not automatically have rights to the other servers. All servers use the unityinstall account, unitydirsvc, and unitymsgstoresvc.

Ginger

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Randy -

Was the Unity 7.02 accounts run with permissions wizard to the E2K3 information stores? Or do both Unity servers share same accounts? It might not hurt to rerun the permissions wizard anyway.

Ginger

hey ginger,

both Unity servers share account, have the same dialing domain. I think that the account that I am logged on as when I run the GSM might be the problem. Which account has rights to SQL?

Randy

Hi Randy -

I would use the unityinstall account, which would have been the one logged on when creating the UnityDb, unless the SA account was changed after the fact. Even though our Unity servers are in same dialing domain, several are in different AD domains, and therefore the domain admin account for each Unity server installed in a separate domain does not automatically have rights to the other servers. All servers use the unityinstall account, unitydirsvc, and unitymsgstoresvc.

Ginger

Ginger, thx that worked except for one subscriber.

aarg

rlp

I had to delete the one subscriber from Unity and import him again for Unity to recognize the extension.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: