UCCX 5.0 agent ring duration

Unanswered Question
Jul 14th, 2008

I have UCCX 5.0(2) With UCCM 6.1.1

I seem to remember reading the agent ring duration somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it. Can someone help?

Also, my problem is that agents are complaining ( and I have seen) that some calls are only ringing 1 and 1/2 or 2 rings before it puts them into Not Ready and re-queues the call. I thought the ring no answer duration was 12 seconds by default. I think there may be a different issue than the ring no answer timer, but I'm not sure where to troubleshoot these calls.

So, 2 things. Is the ring no answer setting in UCCX or UCCM? And, what would cause a call to only be presented to an agent for less than that time? Agents are across a WAN from the server, but in the same city. Would a bandwidth issue delay signaling such that the server is presenting the call but the agents phone doesn't actually ring right away? Or am I completely off the mark?

Thanks!

Erin

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Mon, 07/14/2008 - 17:02

The ring duration is set on the "select resource" step in UCCX script, and the default is 12 sec.

However, ensure that the phones are not configured to point anywhere on forward no answer setting.

HTH,

Chris

emikelso Tue, 07/15/2008 - 09:20

Oh yeah. Thanks.

If my agents have personal voicemail, and the call forward options are set to voicemail, then i would just have to ensure that the ring no answer on the phone in call Manager is higher than the ring no answer in the script, correct?

Thanks again!

Chris Deren Fri, 05/01/2009 - 11:43

I believe enough details were provided to lead you in the right direction. Can you elaborate on your question, what exactly is your issue?

Chris

Actions

This Discussion