Helpful
Replies

Assign third party cert to SSL/VPN

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

ASA v8.3

ASDM v6.1

We don't have a verisign cert, we use an in-house CA for all our certs.

I've created a new cert from our Windows 2003 server CA and exported it, then imported it into the asa. I can see the cert sitting in the CA certificates section of the ASDM.

However, when I go to the SSL Settings to assign the cert to an interface, no certs show up. The box that pops up talks about enrolling trustpoints. All the readme's I've been to talk about this trustpoint section under Certificates. It's not there on mine. No where. So, I'm stuck. I'd add it by the command line, but I'm a little nervous to do so beings it's not showing up in the asdm anywhere like the readme says it should.

My whole purpose for this is to get the asa's cert to reflect it's host name on the cert, rather than an IP.

Curious if anyone else can advice me a bit on getting a third party cert installed and assigned properly? Am I ok using the command line here? I'm not concerned about using a CRL with this either.

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ..

I suggest to go over the below link .. make sure you follow the steps as per the document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808b3cff.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ..

I suggest to go over the below link .. make sure you follow the steps as per the document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808b3cff.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

Thank you Fernando!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card