Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM software upgrade differences

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between CM4.3-K9-MIG0 (SW CallMgr 4.3 Same Server Class Migration) and CM4.3-U-K9-7835 (SW CallMgr 3.3 To 4.3 Upgd, MCS-7835, 2500 Svr Usr Lic)? Both products contain exactly the same set of CDs. The only difference I see is that the first one costs 500 USD and the second one 5000 USD!!! Which one is then required for upgrading from 3.3 to 4.3?

Cheers,

Krzysztof

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am not really aware of the CD contents of these two part numbers, however here's the answer for your query -

CM4.3-K9-MIG0 - This could be used when youalready have CM 4.3 installed on let's say server X and want to move CM 4.3 to a new server let's say Y. If the servers are of same class, eg 7825 to 7825 OR 7845 to 7845 you can use this part number. Since you ate not changing the CM version the cost is low.

CM4.3-U-K9-7835 - This is the upgrade part number from CM version 3.3 to CM version 4.3. This can be used if you have CM 3.3 running on MCS 7835 and want to upgrade CM to version 4.3 on the same server.

HTH

-> Sushil

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi,

I am not really aware of the CD contents of these two part numbers, however here's the answer for your query -

CM4.3-K9-MIG0 - This could be used when youalready have CM 4.3 installed on let's say server X and want to move CM 4.3 to a new server let's say Y. If the servers are of same class, eg 7825 to 7825 OR 7845 to 7845 you can use this part number. Since you ate not changing the CM version the cost is low.

CM4.3-U-K9-7835 - This is the upgrade part number from CM version 3.3 to CM version 4.3. This can be used if you have CM 3.3 running on MCS 7835 and want to upgrade CM to version 4.3 on the same server.

HTH

-> Sushil

Hi,

Excellent, thanks. This is what I suspected.

Cheers,

Krzysztof

Hi Krzysztof,

Hope you have checked the hardware compatibility with new CM version as well as compaibility with other Cisco softwares before you place to place an order.

Selecting th ecorrect upgrade patch can make you made sometimes :) This is what happens with me most of the time

Good Luck

-> Sushil

Well, according to CCO my MCS-7835H-2.4-EVV1 is compatible with 4.3. However I have to add RAM and disks. The most weird thing is that there is no description on CCO how to upgrade disks (2x 36GB to 4x 36GB configured as 2x 72GB filesystems). As I have already placed an order, I will have to find out by myself how to reconfigure RAID.

Normally you won't find the hardware installation procedure for these servers because they are not manufactured by Cisco.

You might want to have a look at HPs site being a HP server.

If you have already received 3.3 to 4.3 upgrade let me know what CDs have you got.

Askin just out of curiosity what's actually shipped.

-> Sushil

The box contains Win 2003.1.1 and 2003.1.2 installations for HP and IBM servers, the most recent BARS, the most recent service releases for previous CCM 3.3, Upgrade Assistant Utility and new CCM 4.3(2) DVD. There is also Secure Agent CD, MOH files and some monitoring tool (evaluation copy).

Cheers,

Krzysztof

Thanks Krzysztof.

Hi, Krzysztof, I just found this post today and found it is very helful since I am doing exactly the same project now. do you mind if I ask some questions 1) I didnt find anyting from Cisco to recommend to upgrade harddisk, would you please give me some info. 2) how did the upgrade go, is there any tick I need to be careful. thank you in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: