cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is log of user logon and log ff in WCS or WLC?

dkleimbach
Level 1
Level 1

My configuration is 4404 WLCs with WCS. We have a guest WLAN configured and the users authenticate using Web Auth and local accounts created by a Lobby Ambassador. My question is if there is a log somewhere that records when users logon and logoff when they are authenticating to local accounts.

Thanks,

Deanna

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can have a syslog server capture that information. The WLC and WCS doesn't have a user logging feature. It does do reporting though, but I dont' think that is what you are looking for.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am already sending stuff to my syslog server but this information doesn't seem to be in there. I guess I can try increasing the logging level and maybe then I will capture it.

I am also looking for the same information in my syslogs. I have increased the logging level to info and user ID is still not there. Does anyone know how to get user ID information out of the syslog?

Thanks

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is not really a log but there is an Audit trail under AAA > Groups > Choose the group they belong to and click Audit Trail. These are not sent anywhere but maintained on WCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card