CVP 4.1 Free Port License

Unanswered Question
Jul 14th, 2008

A need to setup CVP 4.1 for Lab, when I'm trying to add a CVP CallServer it's state is Down, I know that CVP 4.1 for LAB not need a license for CallServer, is that true?Or I've to buy a license

I was told before that it came with 2 free port license, so assume that will make CallServer UP.

Please advise

Regards,

Ahmed Rizk

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Mon, 07/14/2008 - 16:42

Thats false, the LAB or NFR order of CVP 4.x DOES NOT come with a call server license. I suggest ordering the CVP 7.x NFR that DOES come with an NFR license. I went through this months ago. The port license is only for VXML server.

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Chad

You can talk to your Cisco contact. They will provide the Call Server licence.

CVP 7.x is NOT on the compatibility matrix yet - Last Updated: February 15, 2008. 4.1(1) is.

By rights, you cannot install CVP 7.0 at a customer site until it is approved and added to the compatibility matrix, so there are very good reasons for staying with 4.1 in your lab.

Regards,

Geoff

AHMED Ali Tue, 07/15/2008 - 07:52

I'm a little bit confused, I should buy CVP NFR Kit, or it's free from cisco to have it for the lab, I also seached on Cisco P/N & found this "CVP-41-EVAL=" is this enaugh? as it's very sheep & working for 90 days.

Regards,

Ahmed Rizk

Chad Stachowicz Tue, 07/15/2008 - 07:57

Geoff,

I want to know the guys who will give you licenses, we are ATP, talked to SE's CCBU, etc etc and no call server license would be given to us for 4. Therefore we run 7 in lab..

Cheers,

Chad

Chad Stachowicz Tue, 07/15/2008 - 21:48

Geoff,

It's true, and please don't take that as me being sarcastic, I just chased this exact problem to the absolute ends of cisco with no avial!

Cheers!

Chad

Actions

This Discussion