Views
Helpful
Replies

Far end phone not disconnected

cisliu2605
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NetPro,

For all my cisco phones controlled by CME, when I dial a mobile phone and press the 'EndCall' softkey before it is answered, the mobile keeps ringing.

IF the called phone answered, then disconnecting cisco phone can disconnect the far end.

What can be the problem?

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which type of lines do you have ?

Which exact IOS are you using ?

Hi,

I am using IOS (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T5. All phones are configured with dual-line. The load in use is 7960-7940 P00308000400.

Thanks.

I mean the lines going to telco. If FXO, does it happen if you connect a regular phone and try that ?

Hi Paolo,

The CME is using SIP trunks to a PSTN gateway.

I have just tested a call to phone controlled by another CME (site-2-site IP topology, so no PSTN involved). I got the same result. Terminating the calling party before the called party answers will not stop the called party from keeping ringing. If the call is answered, then terminating the call from the my phone CAN disconnect the far end.

Calls to phones local to the CME have no such an issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you take "debug ccsip message" with "term mon" you should see that the CME sends a CANCEL or BYE when hanging up even before the remote answers.

If that is confirmed, the rest of the investigation has to be made on the "pstn gateway".

Hi,

You are right. The CME is sending a CANCEL before the remote answers. But after it receives ACK from the remote, it still receives 183 Session Progress, which means the remote has not canceled the call. I tested calls to 3 remote CME's, I had the same results. When I call from the remote CME's, all work fine.

Do you suspect the problem is on the remote CME's?

Thanks.

Yes, remote CME should actually cancel the call and that's it.

Which version is the CME with the PSTN lines, and which exact type of lines are these ?

In any case if you switch to H.323 (session protocol cisco) likely it will work fine.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Hi Paolo,

The problem was noticed initially when calling a cell phone from the CME (CME-A). Later tests show the problem is also found when this CME is calling other cme's (CME-B) while no PSTN is involved.

I have attached some more debug outputs.

While the debug in CME-A shows sending "CANCEL" and recieving a response, the debug in CME-B does not show any receipt. This might be the problem area.

Both CME's are running CME 4.1(0). IOS is different. CME-B is running c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XJ4.bin; while CME-a is running c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T5.bin.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment modified.

Hi, recommend you unify everything to XJ4.

As mentioned before, a possible workaround should be using H.323.

Thanks Paolo,

I will go with XJ4. I will inform you if that solves the problem.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: