cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to bound DUAL NICs in CCM5.1 or UnityConnection 2.x

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to bound dual nic in CCM5.1 or UnityConnection 2.1 which linux-based OS,

I only can find the reference for windows-based OS such CCM4.x and Unity, failed to find out any reference for Linux-based.

Anyone who can give me some advice with some reference URL enclosed.

THanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The command to enable failover is..

set network failover enable.

All you need is to configure eth0 with an IP address. when you enable failover, the IP address of eth0 will be applied to eth1.

After you enable failover, a new interface will be formed called bond 0. This interface then becomes the virtual interface, so when one of the [hysical interface goes down, the virtual interface will stay up but will reference the only active/up interface

See attached a screen shot a ccm enabled with failover...look ath eth0 IP and eth1

Pls rate useful posts!

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

'set network failover' from ssh!

HTH, please rate useful posts

Chad

Thanks.

I wanna which NFT mode relatived with this CLI, active/active mode or active/passive mode?

Any reference URL?

Pls ,is any other CLI needed when failover configed?

is only eth0 needed to configed with IP?

how about eth1, a individual ip address needed or the some ip address or nothing needed?

Hi,

The command to enable failover is..

set network failover enable.

All you need is to configure eth0 with an IP address. when you enable failover, the IP address of eth0 will be applied to eth1.

After you enable failover, a new interface will be formed called bond 0. This interface then becomes the virtual interface, so when one of the [hysical interface goes down, the virtual interface will stay up but will reference the only active/up interface

See attached a screen shot a ccm enabled with failover...look ath eth0 IP and eth1

Pls rate useful posts!

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: