IVR script challenges

Unanswered Question
Jul 14th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

Would like to know anyone have encountered unable to play the voice prompt script ?

Have programmed in a way delay three seconds and get into the voice prompt. Have inserted trying using one default voice prompt G.711 and also G.729 but no voice came out.

What mainly will be the problem ?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
simonandorfi Tue, 07/15/2008 - 01:28
User Badges:

Hi,

please tell a bit more about your deployment. UCCX or IVR, version, you installed ivr/crs g711 or g729? have you tried do re-active debug your script? Are all other steps workin`? Is your wave-File correct format? G711 = CCIT µ-law 8khz mono.

Use MIVR-Log files for troubleshooting,

Simon

howct7231 Tue, 07/15/2008 - 07:20
User Badges:

Hi,

We are using ivr 5.0, have installed crs g711, the steps are a simple one only pointing to the voice prompt as have attached, the wav file is the correct format but strange enough it just cannot have the voice prompted out. Have tried to use the default system voice G729, having the same results. Have attached the MIVR-log looks ok using either g729 or g711 but just no voice prompted out.

Can you help if possible to load that and tried it out whether is it ok? If so, I may need to refer it to the cisco tac team.

Thanks

howct7231 Tue, 07/15/2008 - 07:21
User Badges:

Hi,

We are using ivr 5.0, have installed crs g711, the steps are a simple one only pointing to the voice prompt as have attached, the wav file is the correct format but strange enough it just cannot have the voice prompted out. Have tried to use the default system voice G729, having the same results. Have attached the MIVR-log looks ok using either g729 or g711 but just no voice prompted out.

Can you help if possible to load that and tried it out whether is it ok? If so, I may need to refer it to the cisco tac team.

Thanks

Attachment: 
simonandorfi Tue, 07/15/2008 - 21:51
User Badges:

Script and wave-file look good.

But can you please try to work without the variable? Just upload the promt-file in webadmin and select it in the script.

And something else: Does the call drop immediately adter the 3 seconds of silence, or do you "hear" silence for the time of the promt?

What you also can do, is adjust the log-level, so we can se what happens during play promt.

Simon

Chad Stachowicz Tue, 07/15/2008 - 21:55
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

what does your media and or transcoding look like in CM, are you sure you IVR ports and CM phones arent in conflicting regions, and have no transcoding configured?

Chad

howct7231 Thu, 07/17/2008 - 21:54
User Badges:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the help so far.

Have tried going directly, it just dropped the line. Even I tried using G.729, same thing, unable to reach the voice prompt.

When I borrow using the AA.aef voice prompt, same thing. It only work with the system AA.aef script.

Have attached the file, it just say accepted and no errors.

Would like to know when during installation process what is the critical part that related to voice prompt ? Strangely, the AA.aef work but not any customised created

A really tough nut to crack

Attachment: 
simonandorfi Thu, 07/17/2008 - 23:31
User Badges:

sounds like there's maybe something wrong with the directories or languages. Please change your trace settings, that we can see the media steps in the log file.

Note: You have to restart Node Manager to take effect.

howct7231 Thu, 07/17/2008 - 23:36
User Badges:

Hey thanks,

Sorry, How to change the trace setting that we can see the media steps in the log file ?

Your meaning of node manager is it on the cisco ivr server itself ?

howct7231 Thu, 07/17/2008 - 23:55
User Badges:

Simon,

Have restarted the Cisco ivr. You are talking about this MEDT log right ?

I have attach, need your expertise whether you can find anything.

Thanks

Attachment: 
simonandorfi Fri, 07/18/2008 - 00:07
User Badges:

Hi,

no - please use: System -> Tracing -> Engine -> Configuration -> STEPS -> and select DEBUG for:

-> STEPS_PROMT

-> STEPS_MEDIA_CONTROL

After that cycle NodeManager. Make the call and collect the MIVRLog for that timeframe,

Simon

howct7231 Fri, 07/18/2008 - 01:15
User Badges:

Hi Simon,

Have attached the files.

What I have noticed, it may due to Undefined user or system prompt.

I am thinking how to insert in the right directory then?

Many thanks for the help

simonandorfi Fri, 07/18/2008 - 01:21
User Badges:

correct.

-> 1323: Jul 18 16:58:04.530

you forgot .wav ?

Simon

howct7231 Fri, 07/18/2008 - 01:55
User Badges:

Simon,

Thanks for the great help.

I find out the answer already ! You guess where is the problem ? Not the .wav is some other stuff, have you attend any crs courses?

Keep in contact. Will tell you later.

simonandorfi Fri, 07/18/2008 - 02:35
User Badges:

can be language setting of application or other path issues..or..or..

-> yes, a few courses. But most is daily buiseness.

Simon

Actions

This Discussion