Views
Helpful
Replies

diaster recovery problem

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

i am trying to get a CCM5 backup using sftp. when i select network directory option and define sftp server ip address and path with remote user id and password . it gives me error invalid server name.

but when i try to access my SFTP server with sftp client filezilla client it works fine and show me my backup directory called D:/VM.

i have aatched screen shots of CCM and my SFTP client.

also i have checked with my SFTp server name instead of ip address. but same problem.i am unable to save storage location page in CCM.

kindly resolve this, i will be really very thankful.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

try following this doc i created when i was at TAC

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

hey thanks Deji!!

yeah, i also like and recommend FreeFTPD, really easy to configure and works like a charm for backing up the system.

i tried many more but this one is the easiest one to configure so it's hard to mess up while setting things.

that doc saved me a lot of headaches with customers having issues doing the backup, to the day still i haven't heard of someone telling me that after following the doc they could not backup the system (and they still use it a lot at TAC haha, i should charge per usage ;-) )

javalenc

HTH

java

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Zee,

Remove "sftP://Ip" address and use only the ip address on ther server name

Please rate all useful posts

try following this doc i created when i was at TAC

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

thanks again . one thing i want to know more . when i select configure feature option in disaster recovery page.

i can only see CCM option . i can not see CDR_CAR option .

i have attached the screenshot, and one more thing plz what does it mean my dot (.) path name when i select network directory option.

i have configure DRF according to your document and it working fine , just want to know for my knowldge.

thanks in advance

The . refers to the root directory of the SFTP server...

thanks anokanlowon.

can u plz explain me as i already told u.

(i can only see CCM option . i can not see CDR_CAR option .)

i have attached the screen shot for configuration feature of diaster and recovery page.

now it's not optional so save it or not, it will save along with CUCM so don't worry about that.

and as Deji explained, the . means local directory. so in this case . = root directory of TFTP you configured. if you had created another sub-directory then it would be .\dirname and so on.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Jamie, nice document! +5 for you..

I like FreeFTPD..Its the only SFTP/FTP client application that has worked well with CCM 5 and 6

hey thanks Deji!!

yeah, i also like and recommend FreeFTPD, really easy to configure and works like a charm for backing up the system.

i tried many more but this one is the easiest one to configure so it's hard to mess up while setting things.

that doc saved me a lot of headaches with customers having issues doing the backup, to the day still i haven't heard of someone telling me that after following the doc they could not backup the system (and they still use it a lot at TAC haha, i should charge per usage ;-) )

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

Could you please mail me the ccm5 backup.doc.

Regards

Shivas

you can download it directly from the thread, just click on the little arrow pointing down and save it in your PC

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: