cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing to mailbox via DNIS rather than RDNIS

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make Unity act as a single voicemail for CUCM and mobiles. However, the mobile provider network cannot supply the redirecting number (RDNIS) on the call redirected into Unity on busy/no answer - the mobile network can only use a dedicated PSTN number per voice mailbox.

My question is: How do I route the call to the correct mailbox based on DNIS rather than RDNIS? Is it possible to have a call handler with a mask on the number. I am looking at 5000+ mailboxes.

7 Replies 7

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would configuring an alternate extension for the Unity subscriber which matches the pstn number solve your problem?

My understanding was that the alternate number just matches on the redirecting number (RDNIS) - not the called number (DNIS). So I don't think that this would be a fix.

I can think that it may be possible via TCL scripts in the gateway. Has anyone got a script?

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

The fix is:

We need to set up a CTI route point, Call Forward All into Unity with a Special VM profile to look at last 4 digits (or whatever part of the DDI range is significant). The call bounces into Unity with the RDNIS set to the right DDI number, which is set under the alternative extension for the mailbox.

I am trying to fix the exact same issue and so glad you posted your fix.

Can you please explain what "a Special VM profile to look at last 4 digits" means?

I have the full mobile number as an alternate extension, but when a call forwards to the voicemail pilot number, it hit the opening greeting, not the subscriber.

And to be clear, would I have to set a CTI route point for each of the users? I'm not sure I get the entire picture here.

We provisioned our PRIS for RDNIS, but the mobile to unity is still not working...

Thanks for your time,

Liz

Hi,

I found the voicemail profile and its set with XXXX. I tried the 10 digit mobile number, 11 digit, and only the last 4. Our vendor was on site, and watched the calls come through.

We saw the called number (voicemail pilot) and the redirected number (mobile) pass through, but the call only goes to the opening greeting, not the subscriber mailbox. I am SO frustrated. Any ideas?

Solution: It won't work. We tried everything, and the only way to send the mobile calls to unity is via PSTN, last four digits (or whatever you have as significant) as alternate extension. This is exactly as the first post in this thread stated.

The issue is Call Manager can not see a call forwarded from the mobile and send to subscriber greeting and distinguish between a caller from the mobile calling to check voicemail. Unity gets the same significant digits for both.

The way mobility was designed is for ONE number, the IP Phone number, not the mobile phone number, to hand the call back to Unity. That works without the PSTN/Alternate Extension as long as you have RDNIS provisioned.

Hope this saves others time, as I spent too much trying to get the systems to do something they can not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: