Cisco TSP & .NET

Unanswered Question
Jul 15th, 2008

I know a few have tried this using atapi.net from julmar.com.

I'm wondering, how do you manage to get device state events using that approach? For reasons out of my control I need to monitor tapi and provide the following information:

upon initialization, a list of phones with their lines (directory numbers) and state (registered, unregistered).

Then, a notification whenever a phone / line goes down / comes back up.

Lines that are added / removed to TAPI control

Phones that are added / removed to TAPI control.

I can get the list of phones but I seem to miss the link to Line / Address as well as being able to get their state.

I also don't get any phone events but in fact I don't see where in atapi.net I should get PHONE_STATE message mentioned in the TAPI developer guide (looking at the options of that event I believe that's the one that would tell me if a phone goes down / comes up again).

Similarly, I don't see when a line becomes active/inactive (when a phone is plugged in and registers with CCM or when a phone is unplugged).

I get all this info in JTAPI with no trouble but I need it in TAPI and I'll be damned if I start to write native code for an obscure API just to prove that somebody else isn't doing their job properly (I need to prove that a third party vendor or cisco mess up).

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
stephan.steiner Wed, 07/16/2008 - 00:06

Alright I've made some progress. If I add the AddressChanged to each Line, then I see when a line goes offline and comes offline and I see the line status during startup.

Now I'm only missing phone state.. I spoke to the developer of atapi.net and he confirmed that even though the lib registeres for PHONE_STATE messages, they are not being returned.

That leaves me with phone state upon startup.. anybody has an idea how to get that?

Actions

This Discussion