Helpful
Replies

Long distance cost calculation

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

I have got a hard one for you.

We have branches all over the world but only the HQ is Cisco IP Telephony. All other sites are Avaya. I am trying to convince the executifs to go VoIP world wide but they are asking me about the saving the solution will bring. They are paying an average of about 3 to 5 cents per minute. My question for you is; is there any accurate tool, document or sites that I can find the cost of calls per minutes from anywher to anywhere. I know it's a very hard request but it will help me to prove my point and hopfuly the starting of a world wide Cisco IP Telephony implementation (Over 20000 users). Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

MK

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, this is called ROI calculation and Cisco internally have many tools like that.

it is not limited to the cost of calls, there's is more to ROI calculation.

Contact your Cisco AM and he/she should be very happy to help you out on a 20,000 user prospect.

Thanks Paolo,

I have already showed them the ROI but as it's coming from Cisco, the executifs don't consider it very much. Thank you for your usual and valuable support.

If anybody is aware of any other tools...., please let me know.

Thanks,

Hi, yes there can be a marketing pitch in anything, but that distrustful approach is like not believing that new airplanes burns up to less 40% fuel just because Airbus and Boing are telling us that.

In regard to finding toll rate from anywhere to anywhere on a single site, I doubt you will find anything like that. Actual billing is one of the most powerful tools of telco, they do not like to tell you exactly how much you will be paying until billed, beside,m there can be corporate discounts, changes, peak hours, etc.

Let me be frank with you, going full voip is a big decision and no executive is going to take it lightly at the tune of $400 per user.

It is even more difficult when there is an non-cisco vendor already in the house, because whatever cisco says, they have a rebuttal for, plus they can have certain high-level "ties" that are almost impossible to break.

That's why I say let the cisco AMs and SE (all should be Senior ones in your case, due to the 20K figure), do their work. They have certain tools, like executive meetings centers and other sales sorcery, that is simply not available to an internal.

You're right Paolo, I just called our SE (Cisco) and have a meeting with him tomorrow. I think, he understands the executives language better than I do.

Thanks again,

Have him bring the AM. They're the ones that "speak the language".

I'm not necessarily right, but I've been in sales for quite a long time :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: