Views
Helpful
Replies

Display LACP information on 6509 CaTOS

lizhu2008
Level 1
Level 1

All,

On 6509 with CaTOS 8.6(4), is there a command to display LACP local and neighbor status (such as up or down, slow mode or fast mode, passive and active)?

I have tried all options of "show lacp-channel", but I could not get the info I need, especially if LACP is up or down and slow or fast mode.

I know on 3750 IOS, you can use "show etherchannel" to get all the LACP information. It seems 6500 CaTOS does not have similar command. Is it true?

Thanks,

Li

8 Replies 8

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Li,

Have you tried the following commands:

show port lacp-channel

show etherchannel port-channel

show etherchannel X detail (replace de X with the channel #)

Regards,

Gary

Gary,

"show etherchannel port-channel" and "show etherchannel X detail" are IOS commands, and they are not available on CaTOS 8.6(4). But these two commands can give me all the information on other box such as 3750.

I have also tried "show port lacp-channel" on my box, but it did not show enough information as IOS commands do.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Li

Have you tried 'show lacp , 'show lacp info' or show lacp traffic'?

I tried. 'show lacp info' gives me some useful information, but I still cannot see information like: slow/fast mode, the LACP state of each link, which can be easily seen from IOS commands such as 'show etherchannel ...'.

Li

Hi Li, try the 'show channel info' command this might do the trick.

regards,

Raj

Below is what I got:

Console> (enable) show channel info

No ports channelling

I guess it is because I am using LACP instead of PAGP, am I right?

Li

you might be right on that. Gary above stated to use 'show port lacp-channel'. What if you use 'show port lacp-channel info' does that provide more detail?

It does not help much.

Li

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card