cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telco adding DID numbers what should I be prepared for??

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

AT&T is adding the DID numbers to our PRI tomorrow or sometime this week. In so doing, does anything need to be configured on the CCM system to make this work? When they do add the DIDs to the PRI will this cause any issues in how things are working now? Basically, if we do need to configure CCM for DID, and we wait to do it later, will the PRI and CCM still function ok until then? I do not want to add these numbers to find out the CCM has to be configured at the same time and we have to issues with outgoing calls again.

Any assistance to my paranoid self will be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. to fully configure your dial-peers you need to know one key thing...the number of digits your telco will deliever to your gateway..

Ig your telco delivers the last 4 digits of teh DID...4000 to 4299

your dial-peer config will look like this

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

destination-pattern 4...

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:10.10.10.11 (chnage this to your callmanager address)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

If your telco delivers 6 digits i.e 964000 to 964299..and you have 4 digit extension as your extensions, then you will need to configure callmanager such that it will strip off the 96 digits..

This is what you have to do

in CCM under the gateway, scroll down to inbound calls and change the significant digits to 4.

Thats all

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using MGCP or H.323 ?

We used use MGCP, but inorder to get our call ID's to work on pots lines, we had to conver to H323.

Attached is the gateway config.

We use H323, we used to use MGCP. (to clarify)

Hi, you could also have used MGCP with DID, however H.323 or SIP is generally better (more flexible).

you simply change or add a voip DP with the DID range, eg:

destination-pattern 2...$

That is for four digits DID, block of 1000 numbers.

Note; you probably don't need any of these progress_ind commands in you DPs.

Please rate post if it helps!

Forgot to mention, you need:

network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

This will eliminate slips and fix fax failure that you might not even know you're having.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

from the config, do you see any Dial peers with existing DID's? or any DID's. If so, what dial peers?

Hi,

From your ocnfig, you are obviously using MGCP.

There are no dial-peers for your existing DIDs.

So with this config, you do not need to configure any dial-peers, as with MGCP you do not need to define dial-peers for routing calls into your callmanager

we are not using MGCP. We are using H323. Also, I confirmed that currently there are no DID's at all.

My client just purchased the DID's. Based on the DID's below, what would the Dialpeer look like:

DIDs 814-596-4000 through -4299

Ok. to fully configure your dial-peers you need to know one key thing...the number of digits your telco will deliever to your gateway..

Ig your telco delivers the last 4 digits of teh DID...4000 to 4299

your dial-peer config will look like this

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

destination-pattern 4...

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:10.10.10.11 (chnage this to your callmanager address)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

If your telco delivers 6 digits i.e 964000 to 964299..and you have 4 digit extension as your extensions, then you will need to configure callmanager such that it will strip off the 96 digits..

This is what you have to do

in CCM under the gateway, scroll down to inbound calls and change the significant digits to 4.

Thats all

This is H323 should I be setting this dial-peer "session target for Call manager"

Or should set it for Serial 0/0 which is the T1??

The session target should be your Callmanager as this is where incoming calls will be sent.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: