upgrade firmware for phones in CUCM

Answered Question
Jul 15th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi all, Im trying to find the place where I would go upgrade the firmware for the phones registered to CUCM 6.x system. Ive downloaded a device pack, but I cant seem to find where to put it. Anyone know how to get there? Thanks.

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 8 years 8 months ago

Hi John,

Hope things are going well for you :)

This is done via OS Admin>Software Upgrades

Software Upgrades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the Software Upgrades options to perform the following types of installations and upgrades:

•Install/Upgrade-Use this option to upgrade the application software, install Cisco Unified Communications Manager Locale Installers and dial plans, and upload and install device packs, phone firmware loads, and other COP files.

•TFTP File Management-Use this option to upload various device files for use by the phones to the TFTP server. The TFTP server files that you can upload include custom phone rings, callback tones, and phone backgrounds.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Tue, 07/15/2008 - 11:29
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi John,

Hope things are going well for you :)

This is done via OS Admin>Software Upgrades

Software Upgrades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the Software Upgrades options to perform the following types of installations and upgrades:

•Install/Upgrade-Use this option to upgrade the application software, install Cisco Unified Communications Manager Locale Installers and dial plans, and upload and install device packs, phone firmware loads, and other COP files.

•TFTP File Management-Use this option to upload various device files for use by the phones to the TFTP server. The TFTP server files that you can upload include custom phone rings, callback tones, and phone backgrounds.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

jjoseph01 Tue, 07/15/2008 - 12:24
User Badges:

Thanks for the help and guidance. I appreciate it.

iptuser55 Thu, 07/17/2008 - 07:55
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I also need to download a new dev pack but could not locate it on CCO any pointers on where in cco - I could before but not now . I could see the individual phone loads but not the complete dev pack thanks

Jaime Valencia Thu, 07/17/2008 - 08:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Hope the link does not break:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ReleaseType.x?optPlat=&isPlatform=Y&mdfid=280968161&sftType=Unified+Communications+Manager%2FCallManager+Device+Packages&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&modelName=Cisco+Unified+Communications+Manager+Version+6.0&mdfLevel=Software%20Version/Option&treeMdfId=278875240&modifmdfid=null&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst=N

if it breaks go to download page and follow this path:

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 6.0 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

Actions

This Discussion