I have been assigned to move a Unity server within the company that I work for. This is my first time attempting to move a Unity server and I want to make sure that I have a solid understanding of what will need to be done and what caveats I may run into during this process. Below I have identified -- to the best of my ability -- the scenario and what steps I will need to complete in order to facilitate completing this assignment.
1. The partner server is currently an Exchange 2000 server and is being replaced an Exchange 2007 server.
2. The new partner server is in a different AD domain. (Normally I would want Unity in the same domain as Exchange, and I'm planning to move it. However, will moving Unity screw anything up and/or is there anything I should be aware of when moving Unity between AD domains?)
3. Due to a new IP scheme I need to change the IP address of the Unity box at the same time as everything else
1. Move the user accounts/mailboxes to the new AD domain/Exchange server.
2. Remove the Unity server from its current domain.
3. Change the Unity server's IP address.
4. Join the Unity server to its new domain.
5. Run the permissions wizard against the mailstores/OUs that this server will be using.
Really this just seems like a recipe (to me at least) for killing this Unity server due to the shear number of very large changes that are being made to it. Hopefully I'm over-reacting and this isn't a big deal. Any comments you can provide would be most appreciated!