cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS VPN unable to route to multiple internal subnets

paarlberg
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a VPN router using a 3640 with dual FE interfaces. Attached is my config.

I can ping and attach to anything on the 192.168.40.0/24 network. All the others I can not even ping from the remote users via VPN.

I am using the MS VPN client in XP. If I set the TCP/IP settings on the client to use the default gateway on the remote network, then it does try to route there. Unfortunately, I do not want to cause any PC related routing issues as this will be used by remote support people to get to servers.

I know I am missing something simple. It just hasn't slapped me in the face yet.

Also any suggestions to make it cleaner, please feel free.

5 Replies 5

paarlberg
Level 1
Level 1

What am I missing? Anyone?

Try giving specific IP address in the secondary IP's

no ip address 192.168.41.0 255.255.255.0 secondary

ip address 192.168.41.1 255.255.255.0 secondary

I realized that I had a typo there, and corrected it and forgot to update the info I posted here.

That did not work.

paarlberg
Level 1
Level 1

Is the only way to make this work to use the default gateway on the remote network? If it is was a site to site vpn, it would be easy to route the traffic.

Would it work if I turned on RIP in the config on the 3640? I can diable it on the public interface and leave it for internal only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: