Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cat 2950

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All,

We have a Catalyst 2950 and it was working properly with the required configuration. But from today it has started abnormal behavior (Not performing the required switching process). Please find the capture from consol (capture timing 1hrs duration) Also I am not able to telnet/SSH to that SW.

Please find the attach and suggest if any.

Thanks & Rgds

Goutam Sanyal.

7 Replies 7

Hi Goutam,

- Did you reboot the switch and check?

- Do you see any LED alarms ?

Hi, SW has been rebooted several times and can find the consol capture text, POST is fine, LED status are also fine, but is has stopped responding at: “Compiled Tue 02-Sep-03 03:33 by antonino” any suggestion? Thanks Goutam

LED status are important here, check it against: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/hardware/installation/guide/hgovrev.html#wp1015583

It is worth also to try booting the device without any configuration, you can accomplish this by performing the first part of a password recovery and see if you can get into ROMMON if so, try renaming the config.text file and booting the switch again. If no difference, mostlikely it will be a HW issue.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

As I informed that the switch was in running with a valid configuration and it was performing well. Also as I describe earlier that switch LED status is normal as per Cisco terms. If I go for password recovery it is not taking any key-stork from consol, we have changed the consol also but no satisfactory result found. Find the attached, which we capture during password recovery process.

If we connect the switch port (any port), the led status is fine as in normal condition. But we are not able to telnet or ssh.

That switch stops responding @ “Compiled Tue 02-Sep-03 03:33 by antonino”

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Goutam

Goutam,

If it is not responding to any key stroke and if you don't have the scroll lock of your keyboard on then we are dealing with a bad unit here.

Dear Gary,

Thanks for the point but we have checked all permutation combination. For your information the same laptop is working fine with another router/SW with same hypertrm consol.

Any other suggestion?

Thnaks

Goutam.

Goutam,

Since we can't try a "format flash" because we have no access to switch, your next step will be to get in touch with Cisco TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco